Protecting Boot of Combi When Moving junk

Having had a 530d saloon in which the rear seats did not fold I am loving the space of the Combi Superb. The new car also gave me the opportunity to do a few runs to the recycling centre.

I had done some research on here looking at various boot liners etc. One tip I read on her was a guy who bought and cut some rubber matting to line his boot. I wanted a one piece solution that extended to the front seats.

I know this solution wont suit all, but works for me. The way Ive cut it is not extending up the sides at all.

The way I use it is just insert when moving something large and messy. Then it is out of the car, rolled, stored in rafters in garage. Be aware though it is heavy ish as I said it wont suit all, but for £25 it works well for me.

Another benefit Penguin is I have a few off cuts which I intend to stick to my alloys for added protection :biggrin:

20180608_110320.jpg

Can I suggest an improvement?

The flappy bits you have there... how about a bit of velcro to stick to the carpet sides?  otherwise a great idea...and one I'm considering (albeit only for the boot area)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hwr1983 said:

Can I suggest an improvement?

The flappy bits you have there... how about a bit of velcro to stick to the carpet sides?  otherwise a great idea...and one I'm considering (albeit only for the boot area)

That is a good idea!

I have used it, but didnt want to do all my final trimming in a rush. Glad I didnt now as velcro on those flappy bits is a good thinking:handshake:

8 minutes ago, Parked said:

That is a good idea!

I have used it, but didnt want to do all my final trimming in a rush. Glad I didnt now as velcro on those flappy bits is a good thinking:handshake:

The reason I thought of it, was the little velcro corner things that hold bags etc in place in the boot...so velcro definitely sticks to the material :)

I use old mattress cover on the base and then if required a tarp that you can pick up for next to nothing.  The mattress cover fold out over the bumper and works very well when we sit in the boot to change footwear etc.