Delivery on new Karoq

Haverfordwestman

A lot depends on what you've ordered, give us a clue, model/spec, engine?

There are delays right now on the petrol's, see the other threads that are around this one...

Edited by silver1011

1 hour ago, Haverfordwestman said:

Ordered new Karoq end of Feb18 est delivery ten to twelve weeks now delivery estimat at 18 weeks. Is this normal.?..

There is a post all ready started for this (Delivery times) :)

From what I experienced talking to a few dealers when I was looking for a new 1.6TDI DSG this is normal .... one dealer quoted me 22 weeks which is almost build to order in my opinion :-(

I could not wait 5+ month as my yeti was facing expensive bill so ended up buying an nearly new 1.6 TDI SE L DSG with sub 3K on the clock ... I was lucky to find the exact engine/gearbox/trim level I wanted at a dealer in the next county to where I live.

Hope this helps reassure?

• 2 months later...

Ordered my Karoq Edition on 20th July 2018 (2.0 TDI DSG 150PS with a few extras). I have been given a delivery date of 23rd January 2019.

Edited by jimbo6024

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:25, Haverfordwestman said:

Ordered new Karoq end of Feb18 est delivery ten to twelve weeks now delivery estimat at 18 weeks. Is this normal.?..

Interesting that the salesman quoted a min/max estimate of 10-12 weeks rather than single estimate (usually a sign of sales BS)

I think his estimate is rubbish, I understand there is a weekly update of delivery times for all models sent to all dealerships.

When you are next in there ask him to call up the email for the week you placed your order, that might may him squirm

If he was telling porky pies, suggest £100 off for every week it was beyond his 12 weeks, nothing ventured, nothing gained, stare hard at salesman and see what happens. might get something else thrown in

• 1 month later...

This is a bit strange,     three weeks ago I put a factory order in for a 1.5 SEL  spec Karoq through Car Wow.    The dealer said 12 weeks....However they  emailed me a week later to say they have sourced exactly the correct colour and spec model and it will be in before the end of Sept.  I know it's not at the dealers yet and since I am selling  my VRS Octavia to my son in the Cotswolds and I live North of Scotland can't pick the car up till end of October anyway, when I am down there..  

I have to have the Karoq ready to drive back North 

I have not delt with Car Wow before but their seems little problem in communication with the dealer.

Reading the previous posts does put a bit of doubt in my mind . Any thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Biggles33 said:

This is a bit strange,     three weeks ago I put a factory order in for a 1.5 SEL  spec Karoq through Car Wow.    The dealer said 12 weeks....However they  emailed me a week later to say they have sourced exactly the correct colour and spec model and it will be in before the end of Sept.  I know it's not at the dealers yet and since I am selling  my VRS Octavia to my son in the Cotswolds and I live North of Scotland can't pick the car up till end of October anyway, when I am down there..  

I have to have the Karoq ready to drive back North 

I have not delt with Car Wow before but their seems little problem in communication with the dealer.

Reading the previous posts does put a bit of doubt in my mind . Any thoughts. 

Sometimes dealers have ones in the system and just make amendments to the build.  Mine was ordered 24 aug unconfirmed build from Skoda UK 22 October 1.5 sel man with 5 options.

I think this is down to the engine choice, my dealer said me could get the 1.5 before Xmas.  From what I have found out the 1.0 litre engine model will not be in production until the start of Dec 18.  It looks like there have to be some modifications to meet the new emission tests that is causing the delay.  

Not sure I like amendments to the build.  Is that Ok ? It just seems strange that before CAR Wow I was I touch with three dealers none of which seemed in a hurry to source a car or sell a demonstrator ...but this dealer managed fine if it all works out.

thank you 

Edited by Biggles33
Adding

Traffic light system on the build and changes, and when it is at red then no changes, or so many a 'salesperson' will tell you.

Re the test track run,

Not sure if the tyres at at 50psi at that point, but the transport blocks are obviously not in. 

it would be 'Simply Clever' if when getting the PDI that the tyre pressures are always reduced, the TPMS reset and the Transport Blocks always removed.

Edited by Offski

• 4 months later...
On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:12, jimbo6024 said:

Ordered my Karoq Edition on 20th July 2018 (2.0 TDI DSG 150PS with a few extras). I have been given a delivery date of 23rd January 2019.

Finally taking delivery tomorrow (22nd February 2019). Hope it's been worth the wait. Still, only one month late!

1 hour ago, Boreverard said:

My 1.0l sel was ordered in july 18 have been promised delivery 1st week of March here's hoping !!!

Crikey, that's been a long wait...…..ordered mine December 15th and I'd like to think it's on its way...!

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:13, jimbo6024 said:

Finally taking delivery tomorrow (22nd February 2019). Hope it's been worth the wait. Still, only one month late!

It was definitely worth the wait! The car far exceeds my expectations.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:56, Berisford said:

Crikey, that's been a long wait...…..ordered mine December 15th and I'd like to think it's on its way...!

Got a call yesterday asking for my insurance details as my vehicle arrived a few days ago...….would have been nice if the dealer had told me......I wasn't expecting it until the end of March / early April.

On 20/08/2018 at 11:48, SurreyJohn said:

If he was telling porky pies, suggest £100 off for every week it was beyond his 12 weeks, nothing ventured, nothing gained, stare hard at salesman and see what happens. might get something else thrown in

Good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 08:44, Berisford said:

Got a call yesterday asking for my insurance details as my vehicle arrived a few days ago...….would have been nice if the dealer had told me......I wasn't expecting it until the end of March / early April.

My dealer (Lightcliffe Skoda - Warrington) offered 7 days free insurance cover so I could drive it away then insure it at my leisure.

1 hour ago, jimbo6024 said:

My dealer (Lightcliffe Skoda - Warrington) offered 7 days free insurance cover so I could drive it away then insure it at my leisure.

Indeed jumbo.......in the event my dealer also provided me with Skoda insurance for 5 days as my own insurer, Aviva, were most unhelpful with the proposed change.......either way it all worked out fine in the end.

Picked mine up a week ago last friday. Insurance was very easy i had free 5 day cover from the dealer.  However my own insurer general accident wrer 1st class, it took 10 mins on line to change from my old yeti to the karoq with no cost at all.  Despite the long wait my dealer Trust have been very good and i am really pleased with the car, it surpassed all my expectations.