Norton Clean and Mobile Phone 'Junk' Files

I have recently installed Norton Mobile onto my Samsung S7.  As part of the subscription I get Norton Clean which at least once a day informs me I have 250-350mb of Junk Files to get rid off.

After it has erased these files from my phone, it declares how much it has deleted since install which currently stands at 28.2Gb.

My question is, what happened to these files prior to me installing and running Norton Clean?

I don't really see a difference to how my phone operates, therefore, does it actually make any REAL difference or is it a gimmick?

Is there a downside to running this app, ie, it slows your phone down, drains battery etcetera.

Many thanks,

Fin

Most phones and tablets are actually very good at dealing with files and memory. It wll free up space but won't make the device faster.

Any app will drain battery if it runs in the background. Might not be significant though.

• 2 weeks later...

Wee Tip regarding anything made by Symantec (norton)... Don't waste your time, all their apps or software use more system resources than what you get in return. Their AV software is terrible for false positives and vice versa. 

Never used the mobile app but definetly never will. Do you get CCleaner for your phone? That's probably more lightweight and your better off turning off automatic cleans and manually running it when you need to

• Like 1