Yeti sunroof leak, but not the normal way

vollansjames

My car has gone into trust skoda in redditch for dsg oil change, haldex oil change, fuel filter change, brake fluid change and investigation into a leak from the sunroof. I suspected reading the articles on here that it would that the connectors for the drainage tubes might have come off. However they have informed me that it is the sunroof cassette that is leaking and will need to be replaced costing £1700 minus their 30% goodwill as its only 3 months out of warranty. Anyone else had or heard of this happening

There are posts about the surround frame cracking and thus leaking.

You are not the first to suffer this.

There was a post where the sunroof was removed from the car, the frame repaired and then replaced as a diy job. Took some time and skill but no real parts cost if you can do the weld repair to the frame.

Yep, happened on mine. Seal on the sunroof cassette failed. FYI, mine wasn't the only one in the dealer's at the time with the same problem. So Skoda UK are well aware of the problem. FYI, there is an excellent recent piece on here from United 232 regarding a DIY repair using Captain Tolley's capillary action repair sealent. Original posting Feb 2018 and last commented on May 5th.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/445533-leaking-panoramic-roof-the-cause-and-the-cure/

Might be worth looking at if you can't get Skoda UK to be more accomodating on the  goodwill front.

3 months out of warranty?

The car was in a main dealer to have several hundred pounds of other routine servicing done?

100% goodwill is required, especially so given it's a known fault.

When did you first notice the leak?

Contact Skoda UK and ask them to open a case...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

£1,200 for a repair on a non wear and tear part on a 3 year old car? Unacceptable.

• Like 1

I spoke to skoda uk and they said the only goodwill is from the dealer. I asked the dealer for more goodwill bearing in mind that my dads octavia is from there and so is my girlfriends fabia and he said 30% was the best he could do. My opinion of skoda has taken a beating if im honest

• Like 1

How active on social media are you? How much energy do you have to pursue an increased contribution?

Get onto Skoda UK via Facebook and Twitter, email Honest John and a few other motoring magazines and make it known you're not happy. It's worked for others in the past.

I would cancel the service work and the sunroof repair (£2000  saved) and px it some other Skoda dealer and cut your losses,and then whoever buys it will get it repaired under warranty .

Some things never change! around 1993 ish both myself and my daughter bought new Favorits from a small dealer in Worksop, the daughters sunroof leaked from the start and the dealer tried to repair it! What a **** up, went to pick it up and the headlining was like a pair of baggy nickers and it still leaked!

I contacted Skoda as we had no confidence in the dealer and they refitted it, it still leaked! they then sent a expert direct from Skoda UK and refitted it, yes it still leaked. So Skoda changed her car for a car the head of Skoda had been using and sorted the finance and stuff for her no probs! yes there was this also leaked!!

To top it off Skoda then decided to fit an after market sunroof as they had given up with it.

After all this though I must say all dealings with Skoda UK were very helpful and they did the best they could to keep us happy.

The sunroof on my car was no trouble!!

Edited by Gomezz

If you never have an issue it’s all ok BUT when things do go wrong and you naively think the warranty/good will, will cover it you find what sort of dealer/company you bought the car from is it a snake or a gentleman?

Edited by Sad555