Car has arrived to the UK ..

Rimshax

I ordered a 1.0 SEL DSG Karoq at the end of Janruary, I have been messed around a lot and not received any updates unless I have chased them up which I know a lot of others can relate. This will be my first car, definitely hasn’t been an exciting experience. My car arrived in the UK on the 2nd and I am waiting to pick it up from Rochdale, every time I ring the dealer he says the same thing .. he’ll ring me back for any updates. However it’s almost been 2 weeks since it’s been here! Has anyone else gone through this or is going through this? Surely this is not right .. 

As I’ve said this is my first car, first time experience so this may be normal I just don’t know

4 minutes ago, George1468 said:

My car was in uk last Wednesday picking up today had dashcam fitted too hope you get your car soon

Ahhh ok I will do thank you. You must be so excited I’m so happy for you!! Hope you enjoy it! :biggrin:

The car has to make it's way to the dealer. Once the dealer has it they give it a going over (clean, checks etc) and set up a slot for collection. In my case it was about 2 weeks from arrival at UK port. 

2 hours ago, olly_shaw said:

The car has to make it's way to the dealer. Once the dealer has it they give it a going over (clean, checks etc) and set up a slot for collection. In my case it was about 2 weeks from arrival at UK port. 

You’re lucky. I’m really close to cancelling, as it’s been near enough 2 weeks and still isn’t making its way to the dealer. Just spoke to Skoda they said it’s at the compound and hasn’t left, whereas the dealer keeps changing the dates so I don’t have a clue now I can’t believe how much wrong information I keep receiving 

Don't cancel now, for the sake of a week or so. You'll only go to the back of the queue with someone else and who knows how long their wait is. The Volvo xc40 has a 12 month wait.

• Like 2

If it helps, my car was at Grimsby for 8 working days before it went on the way to the dealer. Skoda UK told me it is up to the dealer to arrange transportation from the port to them once released. I'd be raising a stink with the dealer to get the car to you ASAP now.

Hang in there! You've done the hard bit, just a few more days and you should get your lovely new car.

50 minutes ago, Rimshax said:

You’re lucky. I’m really close to cancelling, as it’s been near enough 2 weeks and still isn’t making its way to the dealer. Just spoke to Skoda they said it’s at the compound and hasn’t left, whereas the dealer keeps changing the dates so I don’t have a clue now I can’t believe how much wrong information I keep receiving 

It's standard.  It can and does take up to one month from arriving in the UK port to being available to collect from the dealer.  Once the car arrives in the UK then a transport order is raised and then the car should be collected within two weeks then it can take a further week to get to the dealer (but usually within 48 hrs).  Add in PDI and prep times then you may be looking at another week, especially if the dealer has a lot of cars to register, prep, etc

My Superb arrived in the UK on the 13th April.  It wasn't transported to the dealer until the 10th May and I collected on the 16th May.  

My dealer was also very lacklustre with updates but I had my order number so just checked on Skoda's online chat tool every week to get an update.  The system they use is quite accurate so trust them as the dealers may have a hidden agenda to register the car on a  specific date to tie in with sales targets etc.  It is very frustrating but persevere and you'll enjoy the car even more when it arrives. 

The Superb I ordered in 2017 also took 3 weeks from getting into the UK to when I took delivery; so based on my experience of two factory orders in the last two years, the timescales are normal.  I don't think you're being messed around, as frustrating as it is.  

Edited by penguin17

24 minutes ago, RoystonVasey said:

Don't cancel now, for the sake of a week or so. You'll only go to the back of the queue with someone else and who knows how long their wait is. The Volvo xc40 has a 12 month wait.

Yeah that’s true, gosh that’s ages!! I have everyone asking me.. “is it here yet” nope just another month.. or so haha

16 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

If it helps, my car was at Grimsby for 8 working days before it went on the way to the dealer. Skoda UK told me it is up to the dealer to arrange transportation from the port to them once released. I'd be raising a stink with the dealer to get the car to you ASAP now.

Hang in there! You've done the hard bit, just a few more days and you should get your lovely new car.

Have you got it now? Since I ordered it I’ve been getting incorrect information! I had a random call a few months ago and it was Skoda telling me it was on the ship then I asked for updates a few weeks after and they told me it had only been built. The dealer told me it should be ready this weekend and today he told me we don’t do anything over the weekend so it’s really odd how he completely went back on what he said.. Skoda said it’s not due to be picked up until Monday and the dealer is telling me he should be getting it that day. I’m happy to wait if someone could just give me some truth haha!! But thank you very much hopefully worth this long wait! 

12 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

It's standard.  It can and does take up to one month from arriving in the UK port to being available to collect from the dealer.  Once the car arrives in the UK then a transport order is raised and then the car should be collected within two weeks then it can take a further week to get to the dealer (but usually within 48 hrs).  Add in PDI and prep times then you may be looking at another week, especially if the dealer has a lot of cars to register, prep, etc

My Superb arrived in the UK on the 13th April.  It wasn't transported to the dealer until the 10th May and I collected on the 16th May.  

My dealer was also very lacklustre with updates but I had my order number so just checked on Skoda's online chat tool every week to get an update.  The system they use is quite accurate so trust them as the dealers may have a hidden agenda to register the car on a  specific date to tie in with sales targets etc.  It is very frustrating but persevere and you'll enjoy the car even more when it arrives. 

The Superb I ordered in 2017 also took 3 weeks from getting into the UK to when I took delivery; so based on my experience of two factory orders in the last two years, the timescales are normal.  I don't think you're being messed around, as frustrating as it is.  

Ahhh thank you, you really don’t know how much patience you have until you’ve got to experience all this. I would be fine even waiting three weeks it’s just the dealer told me to make arrangements for this weekend but just keeps changing dates.. I would rather him just say I don’t know! I think because it’s my first car and I haven’t drove for 5 months now it’s testing my

patience :blink:

1 minute ago, Rimshax said:

Ahhh thank you, you really don’t know how much patience you have until you’ve got to experience all this. I would be fine even waiting three weeks it’s just the dealer told me to make arrangements for this weekend but just keeps changing dates.. I would rather him just say I don’t know! I think because it’s my first car and I haven’t drove for 5 months now it’s testing my

patience :blink:

I completely understand and sympathise.   As mentioned above, it's up to the dealer to submit a transport request and I don't think mine actually done it until I contacted them for an update, so either they forgot or they were perhaps waiting for a few more cars to arrive and fill the transporter (?).  My delivery date from the dealer kept slipping back and I was initially told last week of April, then it went to 1st week of May, 2nd week in May until I actually did collect on the 16th.  Very annoying.  Especially if you have to book time off and/or the dealer isn't local. 

I was starting to worry there was an issue with the car but after some further digging on here and chats with Skoda CS' it transpired it can take as little as one week to as long as long as 4 to take delivery after the car arrives in the UK.  I think Skoda CS will quote 4 weeks as standard. 

4 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I completely understand and sympathise.   As mentioned above, it's up to the dealer to submit a transport request and I don't think mine actually done it until I contacted them for an update, so either they forgot or they were perhaps waiting for a few more cars to arrive and fill the transporter (?).  My delivery date from the dealer kept slipping back and I was initially told last week of April, then it went to 1st week of May, 2nd week in May until I actually did collect on the 16th.  Very annoying.  Especially if you have to book time off and/or the dealer isn't local. 

I was starting to worry there was an issue with the car but after some further digging on here and chats with Skoda CS' it transpired it can take as little as one week to as long as long as 4 to take delivery after the car arrives in the UK.  I think Skoda CS will quote 4 weeks as standard. 

Wow that’s such a bad experience did you complain afterwards or receive anything as a “gesture of good will” you handled it very well by the sounds of it. Was it worth the wait? My dealer just brushes me off when I ring him, I got my boyfriend to phone up yesterday and he didn’t do that with him, he took my reference number and a few more details which he never bothered to do when I phoned up! He did mention about just delivering it to us but I would rather take the day off and go and pick it up instead of a guy knocking on my door with the keys. I was just very frustrated this morning more than ever because it’s so close but I’m sort of accepting it now. What’s another week or so after waiting 5 months!

18 minutes ago, Rimshax said:

Have you got it now? Since I ordered it I’ve been getting incorrect information! <snip>

Yes we have and like it very much indeed! Glad we waited although before it was actually built I was close to cancelling! (Even had a stock Tiguan lined up). The car arrived at the dealer on a Thursday and he could have had it ready for pick up on the Saturday the salesman said, but we were away for the weekend so didn't get it until the Monday. So PDI etc can be done pretty quickly if they want to! 

2 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Yes we have and like it very much indeed! Glad we waited although before it was actually built I was close to cancelling! (Even had a stock Tiguan lined up). The car arrived at the dealer on a Thursday and he could have had it ready for pick up on the Saturday the salesman said, but we were away for the weekend so didn't get it until the Monday. So PDI etc can be done pretty quickly if they want to! 

Ahh I’m glad!! The Tiguan is a lovely car! I see them everywhere though however the Karoq will probably be the same soon once more people start seeing them! I bet you were just thinking of the car the whole time haha, that’s good to hear then, hopefully they will try and speed things up, I have been on their case a few times now. Although, they probably don’t take my squeaky voice too serious :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Rimshax said:

Wow that’s such a bad experience did you complain afterwards or receive anything as a “gesture of good will” you handled it very well by the sounds of it. Was it worth the wait? My dealer just brushes me off when I ring him, I got my boyfriend to phone up yesterday and he didn’t do that with him, he took my reference number and a few more details which he never bothered to do when I phoned up! He did mention about just delivering it to us but I would rather take the day off and go and pick it up instead of a guy knocking on my door with the keys. I was just very frustrated this morning more than ever because it’s so close but I’m sort of accepting it now. What’s another week or so after waiting 5 months!

TBH, despite the dealer seeming a bit lazy and clueless at times the rest of the 'experience' was very good and I was hesitant to cause any friction as I was aware my service light was on when I p/x'd and the dealer was also swapping my upgraded xenon bulbs and all-season tyres from my previous Superb to the new one.  They could have easily charged me for the workshop time and also requested I have the car serviced or charged me the trade rate to cover their costs.  Though they probably were aware they were getting some brand new tyres for the car I was leaving, so that likely offset the costs of what they done for me.  Either way I was happy and it saved me a few hundred £££'s. 

The deal I had on the car was also very good and they were one of the dealers that didn't try and mess me about with a trade-in price on my previous Superb, "ooooh it's a diesel, they're not holding their value at the moment" was something I heard from a few main dealers.  

I'm extremely happy with the car and it was worth the wait.   I had a 180 mile drive home from the dealers and by the time I got home I didn't care about any of the issues I had with false promises and slipped delivery dates.  I've had the car over a month now and still just 'nip out' to have a drive.  It's the best car I've ever owned. 

Hang in there.  Honestly it'll be worth it :)

• Like 1