Superb mk2 09 plate 18 inch alloys

Hi every one, 

Apologies if this has been asked before but the ride on my superb 2.0 140 Dpf Se  is pretty harsh with the 18inch wheels running 225/40s even after I changed the winters. 

Can I change to a higher profile or even swap to a set of 17s. I am not to worried about a slight speedo inaccuracy as long as it stops it from  crashing my suspension. 

Thank you for reading Chris. 

Approved sizes are listed on the inside of the fuel flap - if you use different combination - remember to inform your insurance company. 

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:08, Superbmk2 said:

Hi every one, 

Apologies if this has been asked before but the ride on my superb 2.0 140 Dpf Se  is pretty harsh with the 18inch wheels running 225/40s even after I changed the winters. 

Can I change to a higher profile or even swap to a set of 17s. I am not to worried about a slight speedo inaccuracy as long as it stops it from  crashing my suspension. 

Thank you for reading Chris. 

Hi Chris, yes, you can change down to 17s or change the profile slightly on the 18s and there are a few threads on here.  I agree about the 225/40/18 as I hated them on my old L&K.  I changed to 225/45/18 and although this tyre is not the easiest to source, it made a huge difference to the ride quality.  Yes, it will throw out your speedo marginally but as long as you're conscious so that its not a big deal IMO.  Many insurance companies are okay with it but no harm checking with yours first.  The 17 option is well worth considering though so take a good look at Silver1011's thread above.

• Like 1

Hi Superb 170,

Thank you very much for your help. I didn't realise they did a 225/45. That would save the hassle of  changing the wheel over. Interested to read that you felt the ride quality was quite poor and it  improved noticeably. I have just had to replace a rear damper at 103k and a front spring. Even my mondeo had a better ride quality and felt more robust. I will start looking for some 45 profile.