Decision Time

I had the same dilemma coming out of an Octavia 150. 

Was very tempted by the Superb but it looked too ordinary IMHO in anything but Sportline trim (although the SEL had all the toys). I also believe the Superb will have a face lift next year.

I fancied a change so have just pulled the trigger on a Kodiaq 5 seat 1.5 SEL 2WD.

Edited by Falkster

Thanks Falkster,

my budget is around £29k so I can have a well equipped Superb with the 2.0d 150 engine, but I do fancy the Kodiaq but would have to et a small diesel engine as I would still want leather interior, parking sensors etc.

I was told earlier today they are changing the petrol engines and I would have to go for an automatic which I don't want.

Does anyone know the manual engine options available?

The factory is shut down for its annual retooling break for MY19 models. These are the reported options (from Skodas MY19 docs)  when production restarts (this also assumes you make a factory order and don't buy a MY18 diesel from stock)

Kodiaq Petrol Manual

1.5 TSI 150 PS 

Kodiaq Diesel Manual

2.0 TDI 115 PS 

2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 

7 hours ago, Noseybonk said:

Thanks Robin,

I would be buying from the factory.

Are prices published yet for MY19 models?

Not much from what I have been told by Dealer, I ordered mine in mid June and the Dealer told me that the car had changed from MY18 to MY19 during my thinking period, I didn't had to pay extra but the Dealer said it differ with about 100€ for the version I chosed, 190 TDI style! This is the price change in Sweden!

59 minutes ago, The Zee said:

I had a Superb from new in 2012 until last year and loved it. Felt like a change, regretting selling it now. Nothing comes close to the Superb for long runs.

U have the kodiaq now? Im going from mondeo to kodiaq. 

20 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

U have the kodiaq now? Im going from mondeo to kodiaq. 

No. I bought a cheap runabout while I work out what I want. I Kodiaq has a similar feel to the Superb in terms of quality and boot space (important for me). It really is a personal choice whether you want to sit high up or lower down. Both are excellent cars, you would not be disappointed with either. Try them both, then decide.

On 10/07/2018 at 21:29, Noseybonk said:

I'm due to change my current company car (VW Passat GT 2.0d 150) and have decided to jump to a Skoda.

still not sure whether to go for a Superb or Kodiaq.

Does anyone own the 1.4 petrol 120?

Does the company car include a fuel card?

If your annual mileage is high and at motorway speeds then the Kodiaq will be much thirstier than a Superb, in any guise.

However, having had both I can confirm the Kodiaq is every bit as comfy as a Superb.

I have a 2.0 tdi SEL Exec Superb on a personal lease and am beginning to look at what will replace it.  My wife likes to sit high so the Kodiaq is one of the possible replacements.

Being a 20k plus miles a year driver the Kodiaq lease costs are much higher and the fuel economy is worse so it is likely to be another Superb, unless  . . . . do I really want to go back to an Octavia?

If you asked this question on the Superb 3 section you will get a different perspective.

Edited by IJWS15

1 hour ago, IJWS15 said:

If you asked this question on the Superb 3 section you will get a different perspective.

If you ask it on a BMW forum, you'd get another answer entirely :-)

In all seriousness, what about a Karoq? If you don't need the size/space in a Superb/Kodiaq, then a Karoq could be a compromise to allow the higher seating position and better economy than a Kodiaq.

Decision is made, it's going to be a Superb 2.0 tdi SEL Exec

To keep within my budget, it would mean a basic Diesel or petrol with the extras.

I do like the look and feel of the Kodiaq, but the Superb ticks more box's

• 9 months later...