Next Fabia vRS - 2020?

Lee

Great news.

A hybrid would be really interesting before the inevitable full migration to electric.

Cant see it happening for 2020 though, personally. Surely VW would push a hybrid Polo GTI first and they’ve not long since launched the new version of that - must have at least three years left in it. 

Unless they introduce a new drivetrain as part of the usual facelifts mid way through the product cycle - that may line up then!

Edited by jamescarroll

I do like that shape.

Really interested to see what they do with the drivetrain.

Would a DSG be suitable alongside a hybrid engine?

Wonder what the performance will be like.

Edited by jamescarroll

My Dad's had an Hyundai Ioniq on lease for the last 18 months £ 137 / month to replace his Skoda Superb as he no longer tows a caravan.
He's that impressed with it he'll be renewing a lease on a brand new one next week.

I've drove it a couple of times, very nice car, just lacks that little bit of oomph for my liking, or it would be my next car, if i can ever bring my self to part with the vRS.

'Sport manual over-ride'.    Take a test drive.

Not enough journalists reviewing them are actually playing about with the modes and booting them and using the 1.6 petrol engine and motor to try nipping on.

They can shift if you need or want them to, just not economic when doing it, but you can do it.