New car

BEJ

Hi All,  will be ordering a new Superb estate 1.4act DGS in about a weeks time - on the motability scheme.

Just want to say hello and that I hope to gl;ean a lot of useful info on this site.

Picking up a 2017 1.4 TSi SE L DSG Octavia Race Blue on Wed morning From Henry's Glasgow. Too many previous years with various Citroens. Hope fully looking forward to some trouble free motoring.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's done.   Ordered Superb estate SEL Exec. 1.4 (will be 1.5)  DSG in petrol blue with beige interior, heated windscreen, heated washer nozzles, heated steering wheel and backrest release from boot.  Only really ordered with the dealer as factory orders cannot be made until the factory reopens mid August.  Dealer estimate of delivery date is anywhere from 3 - 6 months after factory reopens. The car will be the 2019 model - whatever that means.

• Like 1

Have not seen the motability form yet, but price and up front payment is as on the motability site on the order form in my possession.  The dealer will not submit the order to motability for a week or so  as they have to train up another Motability salesman.

On 27/07/2018 at 12:13, BEJ said:

Well it's done.   Ordered Superb estate SEL Exec. 1.4 (will be 1.5)  DSG in petrol blue with beige interior, heated windscreen, heated washer nozzles, heated steering wheel and backrest release from boot.  Only really ordered with the dealer as factory orders cannot be made until the factory reopens mid August.  Dealer estimate of delivery date is anywhere from 3 - 6 months after factory reopens. The car will be the 2019 model - whatever that means.

I ordered my (non-Motability) SEL Estate (1.4 Tsi 150 bhp) in the first week of June. Dealer has now confirmed it will be a 1.5 engine and has confirmed the Build Week (week 38).  However ... I still have not received a final formal order confirmation, because although the factory system seems to be (?) working, it appears that they haven't managed to load all their Model Year 19 prices onto the ordering system yet! 

• Thanks 1

Motability Finance is the biggest group buyer of vehicles in the UK and when the Customer puts the PIN code in at the cars hand over the money is transferred then and there to pay for the car.  Motability Finance buying it outright at the cheaper price they get it for.

If VW / Skoda mess up the supplying of the many many thousands of new cars being purchased bu Motability Finance for new registrations in September or in the last quarter 2018 then they really have lost the plot.

The near 3 year old cars being MOT'd now and inspected before being returned are all going to BCA and are part of the 'Used Car Market' keeping the UK Motor Trade with Stock as well as other Lease Cars going back Into Trade. 

Keeps the Motor Trade, New Registrations - Sales & the Money Market / Finance Markets going around.

• 2 weeks later...

This must be the shortest forum membership ever.

Skoda have stopped supplying motability with petrol Superb estates and therefore are now no longer being offered.

My order is now cancelled and I will be looking to get a VW Passat estate GT instead.

Goddbye all.

• 2 weeks later...

Trading in the Rapid for a Octavia SEL 1.5 TSI....WK 48! ...........YET TO COMFIRM my "factory fitted" options...& have noticed ...rear back rest release £95...all my other cars that feature was always already a fitted feature & now only comes on the L&K models only ! Skoda penny pinching or not? Any comments ?