Problems with acceleration

Hello all,

I picked up my Fabia vRS yesterday (2013) 51,000 miles. The first time I took it out, for the first 30 miles or so, it was shifting through the gears nicely and accelerating really quickly. However I went back out in it a couple of hours later and instead of the rapid acceleration, all im getting is really high revs and not much go, almost feels as if the car is holding back, or stuck etc. This has all been done in ‘D’ mode too.

I’m very confused so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Luke 

?

Do you know much about them?  Do you know the service and warranty history?

Where did you buy it, have you a warranty, if from a Dealership / Trader best tell them right away of the issue.

There can be the DSG issue on 2013-2015 cars.   A service campaign on the DSG, '34H5' so a software update.

So that needs checked if done.

Then the service items,  Spark Plugs, possible Coil issues if plugs are overheating, not changed.

The car really needs Super Unleaded not 95 ron, but should still go OK without misfires.

At 51,000 miles and 5 years old the Water pump might need replaced, that is also the Supercharger Magnetic Clutch.

To be honest no I don’t know too much about them mate, some enlightenment would really help me!

Ive got the service history at home, will post when I get home, got it from Skoda in Burntwood, with a 12 month warranty.

Ive been putting in Shell V-Power too!

If there are fault codes and they clear them you want the print out of what they were.

If a plug is getting taken out or 2 plugs, they need to take out all 4, the most difficult to do one especially and the one next to it.

Then no just swapping ignition coils and saying that is that.

All common things with 'Skoda Assist'  AA or RAC.

Update: AA have been out via Skoda Assist, guy said it was the turbo boost sensor, as a result of the inter cooler pipe not being clipped on properly and it had popped off. He clipped it back on (tightly this time), reset the code and told me to take it for a spin, all seems fine again now, exhaust warning light is off and it’s not limping anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You never said the Exhaust control system / engine light was on in your posts. Pity that.

Maybe the car has had the spark plugs changed, or other work done, so be sure to have them checked to see that they are done and the gap correct.