Thanks Reading Skoda! DSG gearbox fault & creaky steering fixed under warranty

I've got a general fear of taking my car into main dealers, especially as a brand new customer, but on this occasion I was pleasantly surprised.

I just got my car back from Reading Skoda after I booked it in for what I was hoping would be warranty work:

Steering creak

After doing some research I suspected faulty top mounts.  Reproducible when slowly applying steering lock whilst manoeuvring which caused a groan/creak from the front of the car, worse near full lock.

Gearbox fault

A very strange error flashed up briefly on the dashboard twice in the last month: "Error service: leave vehicle only when selector in position P".  This thread helped me a lot: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/426096-error-service-leave-vehicle-only-when-selector-in-position-p/.  I also pulled this fault code from VCDS: 617752 - Selector Lever Park Position Lock Switch / B1162 29 [024] - Signal Implausible

The dealer warned me that there might be a diagnostic charge if the issues were not deemed to be covered under warranty but I was confident from my research that they would be, and I'm pleased to say that they were!  I was pleasantly surprised with how professional and customer-focused Reading Skoda service department are.  A technician came out to my car and took plenty of time with me, confirmed that he could hear the steering creak and reassured me that he was aware of the cause of both of the issues I reported, and I was kept up to date throughout by my service rep.

Outcome

• OSF top mount was replaced free of charge (actual cost £217.06) and I can confirm that the creaking noise is gone - hoorah!
  • Gearbox selector lever was replaced free of charge (actual cost £762.85)

Result B)

Edited by jaygemson
  • Like 1