Error service: leave vehicle only when selector in position p

Recently I had this error pop up few times just as I started diving, manage to capture a photo this time. When I restart the car, the error disappears.

Found this thread with some interesting answers: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18199

Anybody had this problem with Octavia?

IMG_20170314_141241.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenONeill said:

It shouldn't be doing that as a warning, but the last 2 or 3 autos I've driven wouldn't let you remove the key unless you'd selected P first.

Mine does that as well, cant remove key unless in park, but the errors were appearing at first, started few moths ago (I think)

The worst problem is that I cant replicate that at demand, picture means nothing  and reading this other thread sometimes even these errors arent logged for whatever reason.

Next time this happens I will have to drive straight to the dealer with the error showing, if I will be at least somewhat close by.

I am waiting for an error to appear on mine and I am going straight to the dealer with the error showing. Hopefully one visit will be enough. Of course this will never happen while warranty lasts...

Edited by toni8b

13 hours ago, toni8b said:

I am waiting for an error to appear on mine and I am going straight to the dealer with the error showing.

Keep the spare key with you then, so when you get to the dealers you can lock the car (with spare key inserted in door lock) whilst leaving the engine running, so the message remains on the display, but your car is safely locked.

4 hours ago, Tilt said:

Keep the spare key with you then, so when you get to the dealers you can lock the car (with spare key inserted in door lock) whilst leaving the engine running, so the message remains on the display, but your car is safely locked.

Good advice, but nobody will steal the car at my dealers because the entrance is guarded, you cant just take some car from service area and drive away, plus I have MULTLOCK protection so I use this in similar situations. 

Error appeared both yesterday and today but only for a second and then disappeared. Since dealer is 50km away I dont feel like driving the distance and bothering them just to check if error has been logged so I need to wait for error to stay on. Damn it...

• 4 months later...

There is another thread on this. 

The fix is a new DSG gearshift assembly. 

I had mine replaced under warranty. 

This is a known VW / Skoda issue and my dealership found a TPI relating to it once I had pushed them & suggested I would call Skoda UK. 

See also:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18199&page=4

VCDS should show:

Address 16: Steering wheel 

1 Fault Found:

617752 - Selector Lever Park Position Lock Switch 

B1162 29 [008] - Signal Implausible. 

This should trigger the dealer to replace the gear shift mechanism. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Several days after dealer replaced shifter I got an error again so this hasnt been solved completely:

OBDeleven data log

02 Transmission

System description: DQ250-6F MQB 
    Software number: 0D9300041P 
    Software version: 4507
    Hardware number: 02E927770AQ
    Hardware version: H52
    Serial number: TFK01404281225�
    ODX name: EV_TCMDQ250021
    ODX version: 001001
    Long coding: 0014

Trouble codes: 
        P173400 - Starter release from the selector lever sensor system
            Intermittent

• 2 weeks later...

@susi is it becoming more frequent?

Did you tell Skoda about it whilst still in warranty?

Even if not, they should contribute towards the fix if you have always had the car maintained with them - you should expect the gear selector to last the life of the car! 

40 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

@susi is it becoming more frequent?

Did you tell Skoda about it whilst still in warranty?

Even if not, they should contribute towards the fix if you have always had the car maintained with them - you should expect the gear selector to last the life of the car! 

I didn't tell Skoda during the warranty period. It was so rare, and only flashed up for about 1,5 seconds. I'll raise it at the next service and see what they say.

Good luck. Make sure they don't fob you off - there's a technical bulletin about this fault. 

Cheers. 

20 hours ago, dunc69 said:

Good luck. Make sure they don't fob you off - there's a technical bulletin about this fault. 

Cheers. 

Thanks Dunc.

It's a good dealership and bad reputations travel fast here. I'll get them to fix it.

• Like 1