Is it possible to disable the remote’s open trunk button? (Superb my15)

jaggafredde

Hello! First time posting here. 

I’m in serious need of help from some experienced people. I just bought a Skoda Superb MY15 with the Kessy system and motorized tailgate.

Great car! But... during just a few days of owning this car I’ve woke up in the morning 2 days and looked out the window and seen the trunk gaping open. Luckily there hasn’t been any rain... 

After doing my own tests and googled on the subject I’m now certain that the ”open trunk” button on the remote has been accidently pressed.

Keys in pocket, my 2yo sitting on my lap - click, trunk opens.

Keys in pocket, scrunching down to put on my shoes - click, trunk opens.

I know I could just not have the keys in my pocket, but what if I’m parking the car on a trip and don’t wear a jacket or bag? On these occasions I’ll have the keys in my pocket. And the trunk might stay open in the middle of the parking lot.

I’ve tried to disassemble the remote and look at the electronics. Thought I could solder out the button or something. But I was quickly blocked by a tiny torx screw and didn’t have the tools to go further.

Then I started thinking - Could it be possible to edit this function out with VCDS/OBD2/Vagcom? I don’t know anything about this stuff but maybe I could manage to do it with your help? If it’s possible that is.

Edited by jaggafredde
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No need for VCDS or soldering. I popped open my remote and used a craft knife to carefully remove the back of that button so it can never happen again.  Like you, I'd previously experienced accidental opening of the hatch, at a long distance or when working near the car with the key in my pocket. They have a heck of a range. It's a permanent solution.  I also have two unmodified spare keys inside the house wrapped in aluminium foil to avoid thieves scanning them.

10 hours ago, Rizmod said:

No need for VCDS or soldering. I popped open my remote and used a craft knife to carefully remove the back of that button so it can never happen again.  Like you, I'd previously experienced accidental opening of the hatch, at a long distance or when working near the car with the key in my pocket. They have a heck of a range. It's a permanent solution.  I also have two unmodified spare keys inside the house wrapped in aluminium foil to avoid thieves scanning them.

I actually managed to fix this by getting the Carista OBD plug (~€25), their phone app had the option to simply disable the open function on the remote. Highly recommendable if you ever decide to do something less permanent on your spare keys. :)

https://caristaapp.com/

Yes it is:

6D - Trunk Elect. -> Security Access 16, 12345 -> Adaption 10 -> ........Deactivate Tailgate… Remote Ctrl Opening, Sett to Active.

Original not active.

did just do it on superb 16 with vcds.