Breaking MK2 pre-FL VRS PD 170 (Sprint Yellow)

jronnquist

Hello everyone!

Sadly, ongoing engine trouble has forced my VRS into early retirement. I have replaced the car with a PD 140 Estate 4x4, so will be transplanting a few bits, but there is plenty of stuff going. 

The engine still runs, but it's not in great shape. It was rebuilt a couple of months ago and received new piston rings, a reconditioned head and turbo and various other bits, but no joy. Engine still drinks oil and the injector nozzles are shot. But the turbo is a rebuilt unit from Universal Turbos, not a dodgy eBay one. The head has been skimmed and had all valves and stem seals replaced, but not the cam bearings. Block also has new water and oil temp sensors, new water pump, cam belt, tensioner and auxiliary belt. Alternator is in good condition and has had a new pulley in the last year. All hoses (including turbo and intercooler) are good. 

The following parts are not available as I'll be using them on the new car:

- Front calipers

- Steering wheel 

- Door cards and dash trim

- Gear shift knob and gator

- 18" Zenith alloys

The following parts are knackered and thus unavailable:

- Headlights 

- Gauge cluster 

- DPF

Other things to note: 

- There is a leak in the A/C system, but I have no idea where. I know the compressor works as when charged the system runs just fine for about a day, then losses pressure from somewhere. 

- Car has had two minor accidents since I bought it. One to the front and one to the drivers side door. The repairs were not great. Although both the bonnet and front pumpers were replaced by the insurance mandated repair center, the headlights and the gaps around them have never quite been right since. The drivers side door war repaired and resprayed on the outside, but there is still a visible crack in the paint on the inside. I mention this in case someone is contemplating using the car as the base for something ambitious. On the bright side, the bonnet is genuine and the paint job on it is very good, so if you need a Sprint yellow one, you're in luck. Same goes for the front bumper, which also has all new inserts. 

- Original Skoda badge and lettering have been removed from the boot. 

Extras:

- The car has the DTM front spoiler from Superskoda. 

1d87d45724d1e73aef32692763ddb5e8.jpg

In yellow

be78253f5e998ec9ca8cc8d84fc97347.jpg

The spoiler was cracked at one point but repaired and reinforced with fiberglass. It has some stone chips in it so will need a respray even if you're keeping the colour. 

- Rear spoiler is not yellow, but mat black. 

76af23c520482f366c002d3c1c989ac5.jpg

- Skoda badge on the back is the new logo and has been painted yellow and black. 

- Car has 20mm Eibach lowering springs. I put these on about a year ago and replaced the shocks and mounts at the same time. 

- The intake manifold is the BKD aluminium one, not the original with swirl flaps. 

- Stream MP3 head unit is long gone (not that anyone would want it). 

- I've blanked out the "TDI" on the engine cover and painted it. 

b4b405a28fefd4780a19b6c08073d9a9.jpg

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Prices for parts will depend on who's removing them. I don't mind doing the work, but if you'd rather do it yourself the car is sitting behind a garage in Winchester and is easily accessible.  

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I'd pretty much given up on this post. I know the handles are the same for VRS and non VRS pre-FL models, but have no idea if it's something they changed on the FL. It wouldn't surprise me. I do have the handle if you can get to the bottom of it.  

Edited by jronnquist
missed out word

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...