Thule 9403 Towball Bike Rack

Evening all, long time no see; 20k of problem free enjoyable miles in the sportline DSG estate so far!

Got a detachable Westfalia Towbar fitted as mentioned in a previous thread, been using it with a basic Thule 2 bike rack.

I now need a three bike carrier, I'm looking at a 9403 and have one specific question; "will the book open when the unit is tilted?". If any members can answer this I'd be eternally grateful as I need to make a purchase tomorrow. 

I can’t see why not...The only difference is the depth of the unit isn’t it (between 2 and 3 bike units)?

i have the 2 bike version and even when tilted it’s well clear of the ground.

i can’t see the 3 bike unit being closer to the car to prevent the boot opening... obviously I’m taking an educated guess and I haven’t tested one. Ask Halfords if they have one u can put on your car to test before purchase?