Memory Seats

Hello,

We have just taken delivey of our 2.0TDI Octavia L&K.

The car is fantastic and we are really pleased with it. The only quibble so far is that some of the instructions in the handbook are a little confusing.

Does anyone have the memory seats? We can get the seats to go to pre-sets using the three buttons on the side of the seat, but cannot get it to work with the remote key fobs. Has anyone else got this to work successfully? I have contacted the dealer who claim to not to know about this feature despite it being described in the handbook. The dealer wont get away with this approach but I just wondered if anyone else had working seats with the remote fob?

Does anyone have the memory seats? We can get the seats to go to pre-sets using the three buttons on the side of the seat, but cannot get it to work with the remote key fobs. Has anyone else got this to work successfully?

I've got the 3 button memory seats in my superb elegance but don't think there is any connection between them and the keyfob. How would that work and if it did, how would a keyfob be able to idntify which of the 3 preset positions you wanted at any given time? I'll have a look to double check as soon as the rain/sleet/snow easies up a bit.:eek:

Each key wont remember three positions.

What it does is you can set his and hers keys, so wit the seat in one position you code that to key 1. With the seat in another position you code that to key 2. Then when you unlock the car the seat moves into your driving position, when she unlocks it the seat moves to hers.

Each key wont remember three positions.

What it does is you can set his and hers keys' date=' so wit the seat in one position you code that to key 1. With the seat in another position you code that to key 2. Then when you unlock the car the seat moves into your driving position, when she unlocks it the seat moves to hers.[/quote']

Isn't life one big learning curve? Just braved the elements and retrieved handbook to find it all on Page 72:rofl: Must read this volume from cover to cover sometime. Is the secret to get it programmed into each fob within the stipulated 1 second? Somthing to try tomorrow.......

Thanks for the info:thumbup:

If its like the Superb, you must store the memory on the seat button, as soon as the dash beeps, remove the key and hold the unlock button on the key, the car should beep again, indicating the seat position is programmed to the key. I think the trick is to programme the seat button and then the key button straight after.

Sorted!

As I said above, the seat memories worked with the 3 buttons at the side of the seat, but not with the remote key. Following the instructions did not seem to associate the key with the seat memory setting as described in the handbook.

What worked was to:

1) Leave the key in the ignition

2) Adjust the seats & mirrors as required

3) Press SET and then button 1, 2 or 3 - there should be a beep to confirm

4) Within 10 secs, remove the key from the ignition and press the unlock button on the key fob several times until the car beeps again. I found I had to press 4 times.

The seats now adjust when the drivers door is opened after being unlocked with the remote controls.

• 1 month later...

Excellent! I got my Octavia 1,9 TDi Elegance three days ago and was extremely happy when I red in the instruction book that the memory button could be tied to each keyfob. And then likewise disappointed when it didn't work!

Then I entered the Briskoda Forum, made a search and ended up on this post. Shergars explanation worked, thanks Shergar! Two times on the unlock-button was enough for me (not one time on the lock button as explained in the instruction book).