Skoda Gone!....Watch this space...

Yes the previous 2 posts highlight my reason for saying I'm disappointed the site has lapsed into criticism rather than enjoyment of the Skoda Fabia.

I don't want to be a member of a forum who's aim is to chastise and correct. I'm looking for enjoyment of the Fabia "as it is, warts and all".

Sorting out VW (Skoda) or changing the car's design is certainly NOT what I want from my membership. I wouldn't follow a football team to support the other side and I'm certainly not going to do similar on here.

If I'm the odd one out then so be it.

Harry

20 hours ago, horkin said:

This feels alarmingly like yet another 'why I dislike the Fabia' threads. I do wonder what some of you are doing on here. 

Honestly, this is a Skoda Fabia forum designed for Fabia lovers. We happen to like the characteristic noises our little Fabia's make and the Tsi engine is a fine reliable engine. There are a host of forums available for those who's sentiments lie elsewhere.

Harry

I know you are not trying to be impolite Harry, but I think you have lost perspective. Telling me and others who have had issues to politely "bugger off" and go somewhere else isn't nice! Don't come into my thread if you don't want to hear real world stuff! I make it clear in my opening post it's for those that are interested. I welcome your comments as always but don't tell us we can't talk about issues because you don't approve.  It's part of what public forums like this are for, not just fun stuff. As it happens, I've been in other forums spouting the benefits of Skoda and this site and I've been very well received.

• Like 1

Sorry Ian , you're at it again mate. You say I have politely told you and others to "bugger off".  You even put it as a "quote" in inverted commas.

I have said no such thing, would not use such insulting language on the forum and I have made it absolutely clear in subsequent posts that I'm expressing an opinion and not having a go. I have also said that I wonder what people are doing on the Fabia forum if the car is not for them? 

I certainly don't like you and others pulling the brand to bits on here, but that's my view. You are allowed to do whatever you like, if telling us how you've fallen out with the Fabia and have moved onto another brand is what you want to do then so be it, but don't be alarmed and all defensive when I, who happen to love the Skoda Fabia,challenge your viewpoints.

Harry

• Sad 1

Well, it's ok Harry, you can think whatever you like of course. But you have clearly lost your perspective on these threads. Your own thread about I love the Mk111 Fabia..but what's happened to Briskoda?  was a revalation as to how you think. Actually, nothing has happened to Briskoda. It's always been a great site and the best place to be for everything Skoda and some other things. It's a great place to discuss issues which is why it's set up as it is. To be clear, I've never pulled Skoda Fabia's to bits or Skoda for that matter as well you know and I have made that clear. I think the Fabia is still a great car and have always tried to point out the good points of the car over the years. The fact that I've had some serious issues with the Fabia's and had some issues getting fixes has of course tainted my experience to some degree but I still don't bash Skoda.  I come on here to help others and have continued to do so since getting my C3. In fact I'm off today to help another Briskodian to scan his car. But for now, the Fabia is just not for me. Although you are always welcome in my threads, it's very clear what you are trying to do Harry, just don't do it in my thread please!

• Like 2

On 19/08/2018 at 11:27, Estate Man said:

Well, it's ok Harry, you can think whatever you like of course. But you have clearly lost your perspective on these threads. Your own thread about I love the Mk111 Fabia..but what's happened to Briskoda?  was a revalation as to how you think. Actually, nothing has happened to Briskoda. It's always been a great site and the best place to be for everything Skoda and some other things. It's a great place to discuss issues which is why it's set up as it is. To be clear, I've never pulled Skoda Fabia's to bits or Skoda for that matter as well you know and I have made that clear. I think the Fabia is still a great car and have always tried to point out the good points of the car over the years. The fact that I've had some serious issues with the Fabia's and had some issues getting fixes has of course tainted my experience to some degree but I still don't bash Skoda.  I come on here to help others and have continued to do so since getting my C3. In fact I'm off today to help another Briskodian to scan his car. But for now, the Fabia is just not for me. Although you are always welcome in my threads, it's very clear what you are trying to do Harry, just don't do it in my thread please!

Scan his car? Like 3D laser scan and create a 3D model of it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jedispooner said:

Scan his car? Like 3D laser scan and create a 3D model of it?

Sounds like a plan?  

VCDS is not very good for doing that, or maybe I've not enabled some hidden functions.

9 hours ago, rum4mo said:

Sounds like a plan?  

VCDS is not very good for doing that, or maybe I've not enabled some hidden functions.

Then we could 3D print our cars as a model of the Fabia beauty.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jedispooner said:

Then we could 3D print our cars as a model of the Fabia beauty.

Then sell them on ebay?  (then watch the money roll in - maybe, or maybe not?)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, rum4mo said:

Then sell them on ebay?  (then watch the money roll in - maybe, or maybe not?)

Well it would be pretty easy to create a polycarbonate mould for 1/10 Tamiya chassis kit. Who wouldn't want a Fabia MKIII Estate Monte Carlo rc car?! Have to get the paints from dealer tho, haha.