Bluetooth question

Mk2 octavia face lift (2.5?). I've gone through old posts and can't seem to find the answer. So i have the Bolero head unit and I'm aware that you either have the module fitted or you don't. I have a plastic cover under my drivers seat so I'm hoping thats it! The car came with a small Parrot style screen fitted, CC9060, which i am able to connect to and take calls. It does have audio playback but its potato quality though one speaker. I can also pair my phone via the dash and steering wheel controls to the car. This then allows me to now control my phone through my Bolero. Unfortunatly the BT Audio button still stays greyed out. I've already ticked the BT Audio button in the settings so it isn't that. So now I'm thinking that, A the bluetooth in my car is for phone calls only, B my Samsung S8 isn't compatable, or C I'm an idiot. Does seem odd that i am able to connect my phone via the dash and also via CC9060. Why fit the extra screen if the car already has bluetooth?

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect its an old bt module which only allows rsap connectivity via the dash and does not provide for BT audio.  You may well need a newer module. Thats why I asked for part number, as it would give more of an insight. I suspect its 5N0 035 730 with one of A/B/C at the end? Should be printed on the module...