engine swap - just wondering

well im wondering, if its possible to fit some bigger 4 cylinder engine with higher horse power than my 75kw 1.6 l mpi stock engine... im feeling its sluggish, feels like engine is working hard to move that sedan weight with spare tyre, winter chains and all the weight thats necessery to have in the trunk, if i add spare oil can if its oil empty since clip rings are sized, is it smarter to spare some money and get some decent twincharged super and turbo charged 4 cylinder engine 2 litres for ex. and maintain similar fuel economy and add more power when i need it? im interested on your toughts, is it a huge job to do, can it fit existing axles, transmittion is it a too expensive journey to take, is it possible to fit bigger engine in octavia mk1 model, does suspention needs adjusting, what about brakes upgrade? i would like to have fuel economy as i do but gain in power when i need it, to make it more throttle responsive, but to let it be balanced and stable as it was i dont want to affect too much of the foundations, but to upgradea bit is it possible? 

Well, the 1.8T225 from the Audi TT will fit right in given a suitable gearbox and mounts. But then you'd need to change the ECU and a lot of wiring, completely change the front suspension to deal with the extra weight and fit different front discs and calipers, uprate the rear suspension. bigger wheels to clear the bigger front brakes...

You'd be faster and cheaper to look for an RS petrol or a 1.9PD diesel.

• Like 1

that means that i have to reengineer the physics and organise weight which is quite expensive and troublesome, so its not possible to order an engine only from skoda since i was that there are 1.8t and 2.0 skoda versions for 97 - 04 skodas, soo if i take any of those there are not going to fit my existing setup with some minor adjustments ? 

40 minutes ago, djape92 said:

soo if i take any of those there are not going to fit my existing setup with some minor adjustments ? 

No, it's not quite that simple. Other than the engine itself there are lots of other different components too.

As suggested, you are probably better off just buying another car that already has the kind of engine you want.