Radiator switch?

Hi guys,

i have a 2014 Vrs, once the engine is up to temp the fan kicks in and then stays on. I have tried changing the thermostats and it didn’t fix it. 

Having had it on VCDS, the radiator is reading 150’ coolant temp when it’s actually around 80-87’. 

Does anyone know if know if a new radiator switch could be the cause? 

Cheers 

Does it actually have a radiator thermoswitch?

Looks to me like the fan control module is part of the fan assembly itself, and that has a single data input from the engine ECU, presumably telling it what the G62 engine coolant temperature sensor is reading? Perhaps that wire is bust?

Edited by Wino

Ah, nice one Lee. There's a G83 - Radiator outlet coolant temperature sender too, in bottom rad hose (page 41 of that pdf), I missed that in the wiring diags. Connects to engine ECU.

If that's the one that's reading 150°C it'll be that or the wiring for it, I suppose.

Edited by Wino