Which fabric guard?

Vrsboi

Deep cleaned my seats yesterday and i would like to protect them with some kind of fabric guard

my choices are

Carbon collective repel

Gtechniq i1

Gyeon q2

Has anyone used any of the following products, or maybe another product that they could give some advice on?

Hi Vrsboi,

Just protected mine with Nanolex Textile & Leather Sealant.

Can’t comment on durability yet, as only put it on last week, and haven’t had any spills.

Needed care when applying to avoid spraying all over surrounding plastics, but just used spare cloth and Auto Finess Total to wipe off ‘overspray’.

Did one coat, and allowed to cure for 24 hours, then did a second (applied a bit more liberally), again allowing it to cure for 24 hours before driving the car.

It’s taken a few days for the fumes to clear from the car though, and I think I should have opened the windows slightly for a few hours after applying the second coat!!!

I did post a few pics in the recently cleaned thread, so you can see how well the seats came up after the clean and seal.

Hope that helps,

Nick

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 14:43, Vrsboi said:

Deep cleaned my seats yesterday and i would like to protect them with some kind of fabric guard

my choices are

Carbon collective repel

Gtechniq i1

Gyeon q2

Has anyone used any of the following products, or maybe another product that they could give some advice on?

I was looking at the above options. However a lot of detailing forums say use scotchgard and to be honest our current fabia I coated when first got it with that and topped up and mats and seats are like new and that's with a 7 year old!

• Like 1