2011 Superb 3.6 4x4, DSG gearbox remap only?

Daytona900

Afternoon folks,

I’ve had my 3.6 Superb for a few weeks now and it’s plenty quick enough. (Quicker then the 3.2 Q4 Brera that it replaced.) However, now that I’m getting used to the DSG gearbox I’m finding it to be a tad annoying on the odd occasion. In normal drive mode it just wants to work its way up to sixth gear as soon as it can. In sport mode I find it hangs on to 3rd gear for far too long.

So has anyone just had their gearbox remapped and left the engine map as standard?

Thanks,

Graham

They do learn your driving style. The more you use a mode the more it shifts where you want. I almost went to visit someone to map my dsg but the same day on the way to work it was so much better. Try sticking it out for longer. Took about 8-10 weeks for mine.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Marky, now that you've mentioned I've got a niggly thought that I've actually read something about that in the manual...

I'll hang on and see how it goes, probably one of two ways... the gearbox will "adapt" to my driving style or I'll just get used to when the gearbox changes gear!

Meanwhile I'll skim read the manual again.

Cheers,

Graham

On 16/09/2018 at 16:29, Daytona900 said:

Afternoon folks,

I’ve had my 3.6 Superb for a few weeks now and it’s plenty quick enough. (Quicker then the 3.2 Q4 Brera that it replaced.) However, now that I’m getting used to the DSG gearbox I’m finding it to be a tad annoying on the odd occasion. In normal drive mode it just wants to work its way up to sixth gear as soon as it can. In sport mode I find it hangs on to 3rd gear for far too long.

So has anyone just had their gearbox remapped and left the engine map as standard?

Thanks,

Graham

@Daytona900I see you're in the north east... speak to Big Fish Tuning in Stokesley. My pal and I had our Skodas remapped there and additionally he had his DSG mapped. He is over the moon with it and it has sorted out a few issues like you mentioned. 

They are fantastic guys and John is a legend - really is a master of his craft. You'll not regret it!

01642 918566

• Thanks 1

Thanks Shaunieboy,

That's useful to know. I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it improves by "learning" my driving style as MarkyG82 suggested.

If it doesn't improve I think a trip to Stokesley is in order...

Cheers,

Graham

• 2 months later...
On 16/09/2018 at 16:29, Daytona900 said:

Afternoon folks,

Thanks,

Graham

Funny - I mentioned this a few months back when I first joined. Had the same - tbh I am unsure if it has changed overly. Let us know if it's different for you.

I have recently made a few changes via obd11. 2 being Audi throttle mod and another that I can't remember the name of but the combo made quite a difference in the way the gearbox reacts. Changes are now much later but no where near sport mode. It just holds onto the gear for the same time you would on a manual. Makes it a much more enjoyable drive. I'd look up the mods in the superb section.

3 hours ago, bfg_hightower said:

Funny - I mentioned this a few months back when I first joined. Had the same - tbh I am unsure if it has changed overly. Let us know if it's different for you.

I would say that I've partially become used to this "feature" but I still find myself knocking the lever over to the left and stirring the gearbox myself...

Cheers,

Graham