Question for anyone using VAG DPF App

This is not car/ engine specific, only posting here because I currently have the Mk3 Octavia.

I was wondering if you could tell me what car/ engine you have and what the rate of soot entering the DPF is (roughly) with normal driving. I'm hoping mine will settle as I have an additive in the tank which may be clearing out some build-up at the moment.

Mk2 Octy 1.6 (2010) avg 28-40 mg/ml

Mk3 Octy 2.0 (2015) so far 75-175mg/ml 

1 hour ago, alladin1616 said:

This topic here might help. 

Unfortunately not Allan. That topic is about the ash in the DPF which is a long term build up and an indication of how long you have left till the DPF is life expired. I'm trying to find out under normal driving what figure people are getting for the rate of soot entering the DPF. This is displayed on the top right of my app screen in "mg/mi". I would assume if we are all having cars regularly serviced with the correct oil and using decent fuel, then this figure in operation should be the same for the same engine in any car (i.e. 1.6TDI or 2.0 TDI).  

• 3 weeks later...

For my OCTAVIA VRS 2.0 TDI 2014 seems that for steady driving on motorway it is about 25 - 50 mg/km while on some short uphill rides it jumps to about 115mg/km. But I don't think that my car should be taken as benchmark due to the problems with oil consumption I posted on this forum :)

• Like 1