Not a happy vrs fabia

Bajabelly

So replaced worn camshaft on my fabia mk1 vrs at weekend along with upgraded black lifters new cam belt kit and water pump also replaced injector seals. Ever since it’s been a pain in arse to start fires instant then cuts out then cranks for 5-10 secs then fires with a big cloud of smoke. Runs well but doesn’t feel as good as it did before. Am wondering if I’ve caught injector seals when re fitting them coz they where bloody tight going back in. Any advise on how to check please guys.  

If it's a PD 130 engine the first thing I would suggest is to run VCDS and check on the 'torsion angle'. The angle between 'ideal' alignment of cam timing and crank timing. Being beyond limits would affect starting and all that smoke when it finally fires could just be excess fuel.

Edited by LB123
Additional info added
  • Like 1

Have a read at this thread, I think you will find you will have to reset the camshaft 'lash' as well as the 'torsion' value - I had similar trouble after my cylinder head was rebuilt and fitted and had to resolve the issue myself. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/352440-14-tdi-bnv-80-bhp-engine-injector-timing/?tab=comments#comment-4224673 

DB.

quick up date read torsion angle with vag com reading -4.6 after a lot of cursing and many attempts adjusting. Got it to 0.0-0.6 and wow it’s a different motor huge thanks again for advice fellas

• Like 1