Waze and CarPlay

Nemutai

Just updated Waze on my iPhone and it can now be used on my SE L through CarPlay. I am pretty sure you have to have updated your phone to iOS 12 as well.  The map quality isn’t as good as the Skoda inbuilt sat nav but having the extra real time features of Waze will make up for it.

Just wondering if anybody that has upgraded their iPhone to one of the new ones with the higher resolution screen, does that display better on the car screen? 

I'm almost sure that the resolution of your phone's screen does not have anything to do with the Infotainment image quality during CarPlay/AndroidAuto. The screen resolution is changed to match the Infotainment screen and everything is scaled accordingly in those modes.

Can't speak to the fruit side Nem, as you know, or the built-in alternative, but been enjoying Waze via AA for 18 months on my last Yeti and this is how it looks now on the Karoq (you'll like the local flavour ;)).

Not a particularly great pic but on the car screen It's fine for my old eyes and the "crowdfunding" side really adds to the usefulness.

Does the built-in look a lot better?

20180330_173641.jpg

Hello Mike,

Android Auto seems to display better than CarPlay. With having the icons on the right, you loose some screen size. It also seems less inclined to allow you to pinch to zoom out and pan.  The crowd sourced data is invaluable though and being able to update jams (when safe to do so of course), will be a lot better on the car screen.

If anyone can tell me how to make it full screen and get rid of the icons, I’d be grateful. 

DAA379A6-1198-42F7-9FD8-A9EA988B6065.thumb.jpeg.c421ce9bd8c21f3ed57d9596df77e90d.jpeg13E728F2-8012-45EC-A06D-FE9B420DD853.thumb.jpeg.d422aa2a5162ddefad268e837fe94387.jpeg

Edited by Nemutai
I’ve deleted the no 3D because I’m a numpty!

Oh, that's no good.Nearly half the screen gone? :sadsmile:

This popped up in my FB feed. Looks like third party apps aren't always a success in CP:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/28/17913786/google-maps-waze-apple-carplay-iphone-ios-12-review

Hope the implentation improves.

• Like 1