Fuel lock sticking - How do you get to the connector

Hi Everyone

I have had the well described problem on here of the fuel lock sticking and needing to be encouraged to open for a couple of months now, so I bit the bullet and ordered the part to replace it....this has arrived today..question I have is the connector through the rubber bung is connected in the boot behind the carpeted carboard sections and I cannot see a way of getting to it....any ideas? I cannot pull it through enough to do it through the hole..so its looks like I need to take the carpeted boot lining off the fill side of the boot which does not look straight forward...I found the 3 hooks with the hidden screws in the middle  that hold it in place but it looks like the boot twindoor hinge and the audio box on the shelf in the boot may also be holding it all inplace too.....any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pete

IMG_20181001_134936.jpg

You're a braver man than me. Mine too has been sticking but for a few years now.

Several squirts of WD40 and a few minutes of constantly pushing the plunger with my finger resolves the issue for 6 months or so.

This is leading me to think my issue is a lack of lubrication (sticking) rather than an electrical or failing component...

Good luck!

1 minute ago, silver1011 said:

You're a braver man than me. Mine too has been sticking but for a few years now.

Several squirts of WD40 and a few minutes of constantly pushing the plunger with my finger resolves the issue for 6 months or so.

This is leading me to think my issue is a lack of lubrication (sticking) rather than an electrical or failing component...

Good luck!

Don't say that...aahhh...thought this was the easy solution...unplug the old one and plug in the new one....removing it is easy..its just getting to the connector at the end...I tried the lubricating it option and it worked for a short time...so its defo just sticking but replacing it seemed the best long term fix....just need to get to that connector at the weekend.

Pete