B7 Passat Estate

JLawson90

So I'm back again, still no skoda but I've found this is still one the best forums for replies/responses etc in my experience.. so hopefully if I have any questions you guys will be able to help

Some picture and 'build' updates below;

When I first got it .. 2011 VW Passat B7 2.0 TDI
IMG_20180321_084304.jpg

To how she looks now .. 

IMG_20180804_184957.jpg
IMG_20180915_095110.jpg

so far she has had;

window tints

18" 3sdm alloys
debadged rear

tinted tail lights

LED DRL's

stainless exhaust tips

DPF & EGR delete with stage 1 remap.

Edited by JLawson90
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

in the immediate future probably not a lot unfortunately mate haha .. eventually I would like to lower it and add a few more little cosmetic mods both interior and exterior .. unsure whether to go any further with the performance side of things or not, I need to get it on the dyno but its estimated around 190bhp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well .. I was hoping to wait till it was all done, but im impatient .. so have a photo with the exhaust done and the wheels on .. and yes I know it's filthy haha, doing the suspension this week so will clean it afterwards and get some pics 

EDIT; just realised this is the first pic with the new embossed licence plates on too 

20190211_182525_zpsdpob4gbx.jpg

Edited by JLawson90
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

after the car **** itself it has forced another mod .. basically the bolts holding the drivers side driveshaft onto the gearbox snapped, and the driveshaft enjoying its new found freedom decided to bounce around smash not only an oil line, resulting in the contents of the engine all over the road, but also the EGR cooler spilling the coolant everywhere as well

so after getting a second hand drive shaft and fixing the oil return line, I decided to take advantage and fit the darkside developments EGR blank and EGR cooler delete.. I already had it mapped out so probably wont see any differences, but its nice to know its fully gone now 

strangely I seem to be getting better MPG? I'm on course for almost 700miles to this tank, the only time I've ever got close to that was a 5 hour trip up into the highlands of Scotland and back

I didnt think there would be any difference between the EGR mapped out and the EGR physically removed

• 4 months later...
On 05/10/2018 at 14:14, JLawson90 said:

So I'm back again, still no skoda but I've found this is still one the best forums for replies/responses etc in my experience.. so hopefully if I have any questions you guys will be able to help

Some picture and 'build' updates below;

When I first got it .. 2011 VW Passat B7 2.0 TDI
IMG_20180321_084304.jpg

To how she looks now .. 

IMG_20180804_184957.jpg
IMG_20180915_095110.jpg

so far she has had;

window tints

18" 3sdm alloys
debadged rear

tinted tail lights

LED DRL's

stainless exhaust tips

DPF & EGR delete with stage 1 remap.

Evening, I know it was probably a long time ago now, but can you remember where you bought the stainless exhaust tips from please as I’d like to get some for my car, as I have the same car as you, thanks in advance and hope you can help. 

On 22/01/2020 at 21:42, redcupraboy said:

Evening, I know it was probably a long time ago now, but can you remember where you bought the stainless exhaust tips from please as I’d like to get some for my car, as I have the same car as you, thanks in advance and hope you can help. 

sorry I dont remember .. they were relatively cheap off ebay, around 15 quid, rusted a bit though! 

In the end I got bigger and better proper stainless ones welded on

• Like 1

On 24/01/2020 at 15:02, JLawson90 said:

sorry I dont remember .. they were relatively cheap off ebay, around 15 quid, rusted a bit though! 

In the end I got bigger and better proper stainless ones welded on

Thanks for the reply, il leave the EBay ones I think and see how much some genuine ones are from my local VW dealer. 

On 25/01/2020 at 17:14, redcupraboy said:

Thanks for the reply, il leave the EBay ones I think and see how much some genuine ones are from my local VW dealer. 

probably a good idea, I wish I just went straight for the welded system from the off.. I'll try upload a pic of it now

12 hours ago, redcupraboy said:

That looks very nice indeed, so where did you get those tips from? Also really like your wheels too are they 18” off a Golf? 

the tips were provided by the fab shop that welded them on .. they're weld on only you couldnt attach them with clamps or anything

the wheels are 19" audi segments

11 hours ago, JLawson90 said:

the tips were provided by the fab shop that welded them on .. they're weld on only you couldnt attach them with clamps or anything

the wheels are 19" audi segments

Agh I see, thanks for letting me know. 

im sure iv seen very similiar to your type of wheels on a few Golfs, they look very nice, have you done anything to your suspension? As in lowered it, springs, coilovers. 

nice looking motor, don’t see many in that colour. 

On 28/01/2020 at 19:52, redcupraboy said:

Agh I see, thanks for letting me know. 

im sure iv seen very similiar to your type of wheels on a few Golfs, they look very nice, have you done anything to your suspension? As in lowered it, springs, coilovers. 

nice looking motor, don’t see many in that colour. 

yeah the golfs do have ones that are quite similar, I prefer the look of the audi ones though 

thanks, the suspension is lowered on vogtland springs

• Like 1