2.0 pd scout dmf and turbo

I believe that my dmf is showing early signs of failure. Having just spent 950 euro on a new cam shaft timing belt and water pump I would like to put out this expense for a while.

Questions:

Can a faulty dmf be left for a while or will it damage other components (not talking clutch)?

Can a replacement smf be used to replace a dmf on a scout?

The turbo is whistling would it be easier to replace the turbo when the gear box is out?

Any suggested works when the gear box is out eg dpf removal etc?

The car is a 2008 pd 2.0 diesel with 120000 miles and I use the car for towing a rib boat

Tsm

If its only early signs of failure the DMF "Should" last a little while yet.

I don't believe there is an SMF available for the 4x4 drivetrain.

Turbo may also last a good while yet or it may not.

My 2008 pd 2.0 diesel Scout is on 177k miles and still on original turbo and clutch/flywheel.

As said above its in the lap of the gods my brother has a golf and the dmf has been showing signs of illness for about 3 years but it is still fine,

turbos the same some have police siren whine for ages before letting go can I ask did you have other work done with cam belt and water pump as 950 euros seems like a lot  of money compared to uk prices.

Edited by seriesdriver