Problems, and more problems

Hi all not had chance to get on here for a while due to health issues in the family. Along with a lot of car related issues which I will share now.

1. Rear brake manoeuvre malfunction: this shows up on SID randomly, but especially when you first start the car. 

2. ACC unavailable:  shows up on SID randomly, but especially when you first start the car. 

3. Auto hold unavailable:  shows up on SID randomly, but especially when you first start the car. 

4. Brake won't release: This happens when you pull off at random times, but you can guarantee it will happen at a roundabout or when you need to get away.

Took it to the dealers several times they cant find a fault and Skoda UK unaware of any issues, Dealer says dont worry its safe to drive. I say maybe but it isn't right fix it!! I have escalated this with the relevant people.

Over the weekend it has become difficult to start "similar symptom of faulty glow plugs, or IMMO issue" Well today it wont start at all just  turning over!!

Just waiting for Skoda assist to take it away hopefully to the nearest junk yard!!

Mrs say why dont I take a look with being in the trade, my answer no why should I, the cars just over a year old purchased new by myself with issues since 6months old.

I think it a Friday afternoon or Monday built car lol. 

Any one else with issues.

AA came out on behalf of Skoda assist, He tested the battery which came back good, checked various connections, then said it does sound a little like the engine had digested some foreign body, he then proceeded to remove glow plugs from cyl 1 and 3 and found no issues. He then said it would have to be taken on a tow truck to the dealer for further investigation. He suggested before he arranged this he would like to try a new battery even though it tested good and didnt think that was the issue. Luckily he had an AGM battery onboard fitted it and bugger me it started??

The guy never coded the battery but replaced it with a 70Ah Varta silver Agm and told me to get it to the dealer for a check over especially with the other issues im having. Im not sure whether to get them to code the battery or not.

Little premature for the battery to fail imo especially as the cars just over 13months old, not around 2yrs old which id suspect a battery issue and I dont use stop start (never worked anyway) but programmed out, ligts on manual control and no take me home lights programmed on.

If the battery was goosed you can get random electrical issues shown in your first post - the fact your stop start never worked may also be a clue - I've seen batteries fail at less than a year or last over 15 years (my previous 2003 Superb 1.9pd is still on it's original). 

Some battery tests are rather primative.

2 hours ago, kezwald said:

Little premature for the battery to fail imo especially as the cars just over 13months old, not around 2yrs old which id suspect a battery issue and I dont use stop start (never worked anyway) but programmed out, ligts on manual control and no take me home lights programmed on.

Does this mean you used VCDS or OBDeleven to program out stop/start?

In that case you may have brought these issues on yourself as afaik the method people use to disable is to manipulate the reported battery voltage or voltage thresholds. Other unintended consequences could follow?

If it was an OBDeleven app job then anything is possible by all accounts.

Were you charged for the new battery?

56 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

If the battery was goosed you can get random electrical issues shown in your first post - the fact your stop start never worked may also be a clue - I've seen batteries fail at less than a year or last over 15 years (my previous 2003 Superb 1.9pd is still on it's original). 

Some battery tests are rather primative.

Thanks for the reply Freedom the other issues are ongoing from when the car was 6 months old and only just before this weekend really had problems starting, The battery tester was far from primitive the AA used all modern gear. 

21 minutes ago, xman said:

Does this mean you used VCDS or OBDeleven to program out stop/start?

In that case you may have brought these issues on yourself as afaik the method people use to disable is to manipulate the reported battery voltage or voltage thresholds. Other unintended consequences could follow?

If it was an OBDeleven app job then anything is possible by all accounts.

Thanks xman for your reply the coding out of the stop start system was actually coded out as a favour at a VAG dealership by the mastertech who is actually my Son when I went to visit my family in Stoke on Trent some time ago, so doubt its that causing issues. Another thing to point out these issues were there before I had the stop start coded out.

The brake manoeuvre I believe is something to do with park assist which my car does not have LOL. 

If its not sorted soon I will have some time of work and book it in the dealership where my son works (Audi) but he can have it go next door in the Skoda workshop.

42 minutes ago, xman said:

No mate filled out a warranty form. TBH wasn't expecting/going to pay either lol

Edited by kezwald

On 14/10/2018 at 19:54, kezwald said:

AA came out on behalf of Skoda assist, He tested the battery which came back good, checked various connections, then said it does sound a little like the engine had digested some foreign body, he then proceeded to remove glow plugs from cyl 1 and 3 and found no issues. He then said it would have to be taken on a tow truck to the dealer for further investigation. He suggested before he arranged this he would like to try a new battery even though it tested good and didnt think that was the issue. Luckily he had an AGM battery onboard fitted it and bugger me it started??

The guy never coded the battery but replaced it with a 70Ah Varta silver Agm and told me to get it to the dealer for a check over especially with the other issues im having. Im not sure whether to get them to code the battery or not.