Roomster central locking problems and window intermittent

GrimReaper

Hi

I am new here but just doing a quick post to tell people that the problem I had with my Roomster:

Intermittent drivers electric window

Intermittent drivers door problems with fob. Sometime locks sometimes doesn't. Sometimes unlocks sometimes doesn't.

Red button light on inside of drivers door does not work.

The locking problem was replicated randomly on the other four doors of the car.

The passenger side electric mirror did not move when i used the drivers side controls.

Drivers door locked fine with key.

All of this was caused by - you guessed it - the wires that are in the rubber bung between the a pillar on the body and the drivers door. about 40% of mine were broken with others showing exposed wires.

The job took me about 1.25 hours. Door card easy to get off. You will probably need to drill out rivets on door speaker so have some 5mm rivets and a rivet gun handy.

Routing on the harness is childs play but you may want to take a photo too.

Get some elastoplast out too as there is some sharp metal in there. 

oh and route the wires so they arent snagged by the window going up and down.

This forum is very helpful 

Hello, thanks and goodbye!

• Like 1

Hi GR, welcome to the forum,

It would be useful if you added a bit of detail to your Profile/signature thing, about your Roomster, its age, engine type and size, trim level. Members who also show their approx location often find that assists other members living nearby to offer advice and help that's more relevant to the OP.

So did you carry out your own repairs to all the broken and split wires?  If so, did you splice in new pieces to bridge the broken sections, and with bullet/crimp connectors, or by soldering and then wrapping the repair with insulating tape?

Mine failed recently (93,000 miles and 11yrs), and the hatch ones failed in May 2017.

For the hatch I obtained a German-made repair kit, for the driver's door I got a door loom specific to my year and trim, from my local Skoda dealers.

In both cases I got my local independent garageman to fit the new parts.

Richard.

Roomster MK1 2010. 90000 miles.

I bought a new loom from the local Skoda dealership. It cost £99. Interestingly it arrived the next morning so no sending off for a part to Czechoslovakia. They must get an awful lot of these parts failing to hold the part at a local level!

I fitted it myself.

I am a competent DIY mechanic.

I believe with a decent of pliers and screwdrivers anyone can do this.

You will need a set of torx screwdrivers (£12 eBay) and some plastic panel priers (£8 eBay).

And a pack of Elastoplast as the metal inside doors is sharp.

And a 5mm still for the speaker rivets and some new rivets to refit it.

Edited by GrimReaper