Anyone had a complete new Pan Sunroof replaced

10 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Not in a mk3 VRS but we had one replaced in a brand new fabia monte carlo!

Can you tell me please " did there roof open like a sunroof or was it just a Glass roof ? ". Mine opens as a Sunroof but it creaks like mad so Skoda are going to fit a new frame which they think is causing the problem.

BUT......I had a call Friday  from the dealer to say they won't be doing the work as the Sunroof is Bonded in and needs to go to a body shop. I'm just a bit worried that It might not be bonded back in properly and I might have problems in the future.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Hi @Auric Goldfinger in our case it was the full roof, not an opening one. It needed to be replaced because it cracked. It was carried out by a body shop 50 miles away, so complete removal and rebonding. That was 2 years ago and weve had no issues at all woth it since, but the whole process did take 14 weeks from start to finish.

One thing to watch for is interipr damage, they will likely need to crawl all over the inside of the car, ours went back for a full clean because of footprints on seats etc. I wasn'ta happy chappy about that.

I imagine a fairly competent and experienced body shop will be needed for your replacement 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExSEAT said:

Hi @Auric Goldfinger in our case it was the full roof, not an opening one. It needed to be replaced because it cracked. It was carried out by a body shop 50 miles away, so complete removal and rebonding. That was 2 years ago and weve had no issues at all woth it since, but the whole process did take 14 weeks from start to finish.

One thing to watch for is interipr damage, they will likely need to crawl all over the inside of the car, ours went back for a full clean because of footprints on seats etc. I wasn'ta happy chappy about that.

I imagine a fairly competent and experienced body shop will be needed for your replacement 

Think I'll call in and have a conversation with them

Thanks for your input     

Hi,

I had the roof replaced on my vRS as it leaked, leading to a soaking wet floor. It took 5 weeks and the interior had to be stripped and refitted. Unfortunately, the repair was bodged with a dent left on the cill where a tool had been dropped on it, the leather armrest and seat side bolster burnt by glue and scratches galore on other trim. After some really poor service all round, I lost faith in Skoda having previously owned 5 Octavias and p/x’d the car shortly afterwards. I’m sure the outcome for you will be much happier as the dealer I used did not reflect the high standards I usually got from other Skoda franchises.

10 hours ago, vladRS said:

Hi,

I had the roof replaced on my vRS as it leaked, leading to a soaking wet floor. It took 5 weeks and the interior had to be stripped and refitted. Unfortunately, the repair was bodged with a dent left on the cill where a tool had been dropped on it, the leather armrest and seat side bolster burnt by glue and scratches galore on other trim. After some really poor service all round, I lost faith in Skoda having previously owned 5 Octavias and p/x’d the car shortly afterwards. I’m sure the outcome for you will be much happier as the dealer I used did not reflect the high standards I usually got from other Skoda franchises.

Plans have changed.  ^^^.   This is what I feared ^^^. 

I've had a lengthy discussion with the service manager at the dealership and the roof is staying put. They are going to remove the glass that tilts and slides, make sure every thing is tight and clean then give every thing a good greasing.  They did exactly the same on a Yeti with the same symptoms and it cured the problem.

As above, I didn't want the same to happen to my 230 and having to get ride of it 

Thanks for all your input folks...............

Edited by Auric Goldfinger