Door Mirror Part Number

simps

Good afternoon.

my good lady has managed to demolish the drivers door mirror and Skoda re asking a king's ransom for a replacement.

can anyone enlighten me as to the part number I need or the best place to get one? 

The car is a 2011 TDi Elegance and has puddle and indicator lights in the housing, we could do with the complete unit

Thanks in Advance

I doubt you can find one new for less than 250 GBP (aftermarket), getting a used one from a breaker should be cheaper (approx. 100-150 GBP) ... the exact part number depends on what you currently have, best to check by your VIN, there are quite a few combinations available apart from what you've mentioned (including reverse indexing, type of glass, auto-dimming, etc.).

What exactly is broken? If it is the arm part (what holds the mirror attached to the door), you'll need to replace the inner part at least (meaning, the door card needs to come off)

Edited by vborovic

It must be catching because my wife came home with the nearside mirror hanging down today. I have just checked up on a company that I have used in the past for my  Skoda Superb and have been very pleased with their prices.

The mirrors they are showing start from about £112, complete and with free postage.  No, I do not have any-connections to this company, just v/pleased with the bits that I have bought from them.

Be careful going for aftermarket parts.

I have a genuine and non-genuine mirror glass on my Superb currently, the 8 year old genuine item heats up and demists much, much quicker than the 1 year old aftermarket glass.