Stroker or Not

Hi people.

Im sure this post may of been covered before but I cant seem to find any info on it.

I have my trusty 1.8t vrs 52 plate and im trying to find out which is the best route to take of either a stroker kit or to rebuild my top and bottom end.

also if I rebuilt my top and bottom end would I benefit from having a hybrid turbo, or would going down the route of the stroker kit be the better option as this is bacically a engine rebuild.

Also if i was to get the stroker kit what turbo would be a good option. and on the other hand if i was to just rebuild top and bottom, Ie new bearings and cam would there be much different in power with a hybrid compared to the stroker with a gt turbo

Im seriously looking at getting this done next year so any advise would be appreciated

Kind regards

Drew

I think it all depends what you are trying to achieve tbh mate.

The rods are realistically the only weak point of the 1.8t so if you are after uping the power then they are generally the place that most people start as the standard rods are only good for about 280bhp I believe.

1 hour ago, Paul thornton said:

I think it all depends what you are trying to achieve tbh mate.

The rods are realistically the only weak point of the 1.8t so if you are after uping the power then they are generally the place that most people start as the standard rods are only good for about 280bhp I believe.

Hi mate and thanks for your reply

The main reason I want to do it is so I can have the bottom and top end built at the same time as Im starting to notice rattle in mine.

And getting a stroker kit with all its parts and boring the block seems to cover rebuilding my engine

Obviously there are going to be some new ancillary parts gettong put on.

iv seen a kit that does not need to have the clearnce changed for the new crank and with the set up im looking at it also does not need to have a modification for the oil pump.

Iv literally just had a new ko3s genuine turbo put in mine. so im thinking get the stroker kit installed with my current turbo, then after when i decide which turbo to go with i can then upgrade.

Whats your thoughts

Also if you have any good infor from any sites in regards to strokers and where to buy them id appreciate that.

Thanks

Edited by drew_smith