Possible haldex fault.

Steve Humphreys

2013 yeti TDI 170 4x4

I've noticed the last few days i am able to spin the front wheels when pulling out of junctions and giving it some welly coming off a roundabout on a  damp road. Never in the 5 years of owning the car have i been able to get wheelspin like that so i suspect i may have a haldex issue. 

Reading on here one of the common causes is low battery volts. Car still has the original battery fitted. I checked the voltage and it is currently reading 12.1v with the engine off, about 14.4v with the engine running, dips to 9v when starting.

Car is on 37k miles and is due a service so i guess its due for the haldex fluid and filter change, The fluid was changed a couple of years ago.

Hopefully it'll be a simple fix but if it does need the pump changing what sort of money am i looking at?

Cheers

Steve

I had exactly the same when I first got my Yeti. Filter blocked, pump gone oil like treacle........Unit18 in MK cleaned filter, replaced pump and new oil cost £336 inc.

Mine had allegedly been changed on the service intervals but Skoda hadn't cleaned / changed the filter ......

Edited by idleness
  • Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:33, Urrell said:

12.1v with engine off is a knackered battery.

he must have gone to get a new one a couple of days ago and not come back!

• Haha 2