Have I ordered a car that doesn't exist?

I'm a bit concerned that I've ordered a spec that doesn't actually exist?

Last week I went on the Skoda website and found a Superb Sportline Estate Diesel 190 DSG 4x4 at about £35k so i went to carwow and thought i'd chosen the same car. I got offers back of under 27k! Well impressed with that i went to my dealer to order and it turns out what i had actually requested was the same car but without 4x4 (list about 33k). I decided i didn't need 4x4 anyway so went ahead with the order. My problem is that i'm now looking again on the Skoda site and the non 4x4 version with the 190 engine doesn't exist? I'm worried they'll give me a 150 instead. Can anyone help me, does the 190 DSG 2 wheel drive actually exist?

1 hour ago, garyhetherington said:

Oh, I'm not seeing the 2 wheel drive version when I go to configure it, at least not with the 190 engine anyway. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Configurator.thumb.jpg.deb6529de75b68424750481da677bcbf.jpg

Agree with Auto1, check with the dealer. When I configured mine in June, the 190 dsg in a non 4x4 version was not an option in the hatch sportline plus, which I was very disappointed with, and also questioned with the dealer. The dealer could not do anything about it, so I had to go with the 150. Having just checked the configurator now however, the 190 dsg is now available! Arghh! :@

Hmmmmm, now i'm worried again!! haha

The dealer basically said if it's on the ordering system then it should be fine(and it was on his system to order), if there's any problems they'll immediately throw it back and I've not heard anything yet. The guy i bought from is off this week so I'll give him a shout next week just to confirm it did actually go through ok. 

Thanks for the help 

Hi. I'm new here, but back in May I ordered an L & K 220, a month later I was told Skoda had discontinued the 220, so I opted for the 280 4x4, a month later was told they'd discontinued the 280, it was being replaced by the 272. So my order then restarted in July so delivery should be August.

A month ago I was told my Skoda had been built but I had to wait another 2 months because of emissions testing, which brought us to the middle of November.

So 6 months on still waiting.

Just been on to Skoda UK who informed me it could be mid December before I now get my car.

Just a word of warning take everything Skoda UK tell you with a big pinch of salt.

Edited by Paul63

Engine combos are currently being messed up by the WLTP re-certification work so combinations are coming and going all over the place as manufacturers struggle to get all versions tested and back on the market.  Škoda’s configurator is frequently ‘left behind’ or contains erroneous data.  Dealers aren’t much better!

To be honest these Forums usually know far more about what is and is not available that the official supply points - and that’s common across many manufacturers.