Cold start judder - should I be worried

Last few days I've noticed a bit of a judder when setting off in first gear in the morning. Not had it before now. Should I be worried or is this another "feature" of the engine management for winter running? Doesn't happen once engine is warmed up. Hope to god it's not a sign of DMF failure, had one of those on my last car (VW Golf) and it proved rather expensive. 

Mine has done this since I got it - in the cold, at idle almost like a slight misfire. Skoda thought there was nothing wrong, no codes, so I've lived with it as a 'diesel quirk'. I was worried it might be injectors.

OK, maybe it's nothing to worry about. Mine feels more like a clutch issue though than a misfire. I tell you what it's like, when you see a learner driver doing a "kangaroo" start. But it's not down to driver error in my case ;)

Edited by vRSWitter

We're getting this on my wife's new 1.5 petrol.  Talking to dealers service expert it sounds like it is now a feature of this engine.  Maybe the last of a long line of Octavias in our household.

• Sad 1

UPDATE: Turns out my clutch slave cylinder is leaking! So that's ££££ to get the gearbox out and check, possibly new clutch as well. Not so good :crying:

I guess there was hydraulic fluid on the clutch which was causing slippage?

Edited by vRSWitter

Occurs on my TSI manual all the time. It starts the engine with a very rich fuel mixture obviously, hesitant on throttle from low rpms, but on idle you can achieve nice crackling from the exhaust. Goes away very quick.

Watch your BC, it suggests higher rpms then usual for a gear change to avoid judder.