Superb wireless charger

Collected my new 272 L&K estate today.

It's  brilliant.

But there doesn't seem to be a wireless phone charger. The demo car I tried had one and it wasn't orderable as an option, so thought it was standard. Which is what the dealer said.

Where's it gone and can I add it?

Glad you are enjoying the car @doctored:). Can't help on whether it should be standard or not on yours, but there is a cheap alternative I put together (by which I mean I stole the idea lock, stock and barrel from someone else on here, but unfortunately can't remember who).

Got one of these:

image.png.d467a5bf0fc55f6175eb3210b6038079.png

Anker Powerport Wireless 10. Plus a 15cm right angled USB lead. Set up in the ash-tray permanently connected to the USB port in there.

image.png.60850275323bd77eb1efbebd17f960e7.png

Total cost just over £20, all from Amazon. Mounted the charger on some (I think) 1cm thick foam so the phone clears the slightly awkward shape of the bottom of the ash-tray cubby. Lid closes with my phone (S8) in it. Works like a charm.

I use the Samsung rapid charger in the ashtray cubby and it works fine, also can shut the lid with the phone in it.

they have removed the phone box charger due to either catching fire (that’s one dealers story) or interference with radio signals (another dealer story). Strangely Audi also turned off the phone box but are now back on with offering the changer but no boosted signal.