Delivery from dock compound

Bouncer016

I have been on to the live chat line checking on the build of my Karoq to-day, and was surprised when thy told me it was already in Sheerness docks awaiting delivery to the dealers, the last I was told that the build would start on 19/11/2018. 

Now wondering how long before dealer delivery ?

Any one got any ideas on this.

Allow 2 weeks in total, might be quicker, actually depends on other orders filling a transporter to your dealer (might split the drop with another location)

When it arrives, it needs a PDI (pre delivery inspection), so depends on how busy their workshop is, could take few days,  Most dealerships only accept cars during service opening hours, so if it arrives late in week, they might not look at it until after weekend

If your dealer has a workshop and sales pick up on different site, might be further wait whilst they move it.  Similarly if anything is found on the inspection might need to wait whilst it is rectified.

Usually 8-16 days, hence the nominal 2 weeks, (assuming no blizzards blocking roads)

Got in touch with dealer today, and he said they were aware that my car was in Sheerness, he didn't know when it was being delivered, reckons it should be ready for me in about 2 weeks roughly.

I called in to dealer today and asked about my car which was due to be built this week.

Sales guy confirmed that it had been built and was in transit. I got the order number from him so will check in a day or so to find where it is. 

He said I should get it before christmas !       Fingers still crossed