Squeaky sound pushing and releasing break pedal

Maybe somebody can help to identify what and where is this sound coming from? The squeaky noise is produced when pushing and releasing break pedal. Could it be somewhat mechanical fault that some connection part needs to be lubricate or maybe it is break vacuum booster?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06EyNL2pr5o&feature=youtu.be

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, FelisBengalensis said:

Most likely plastic on metal on the brake pedal box.  Try a bit of silicone lubricant.

Thanks for advice! But what do you mean by "the brake pedal box". I tried already  a lot of silicone as well as WD40 on various parts, but no luck...

image.thumb.png.4d90fc55e61211eb5330006155b7b95b.png

Edited by Deerjohn

2 hours ago, Bud said:

Have you isolated the shoe as the cause, try different boots possibly.

...maybe will try to isolate Skoda Superb and this "awesome" car phenomenal extras... In 3 years time while I am "lucky" owner of this "Skoda****" there was NO any single month when I would be free of visiting service! This break pedal defect is the next challenge for me...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu-perb said:

Possibly coming from the seal where the pushrod enters the servo? It looks like there's a dust boot preventing you from getting at it with the silicone spray.

Thanks! Yes suppose that the noise is coming from there. Do you know is it possible somehow to remove a dust boot to spray silicone there and then to put back?

1 hour ago, Deerjohn said:

Thanks! Yes suppose that the noise is coming from there. Do you know is it possible somehow to remove a dust boot to spray silicone there and then to put back?

If it were me, I would try to get a can of silicone with a straw and squeeze it inside next to the pushrod. There might be a clip, which you would need to remove first.

21 hours ago, Stu-perb said:

If it were me, I would try to get a can of silicone with a straw and squeeze it inside next to the pushrod. There might be a clip, which you would need to remove first.

No success. Noise still there...

2 hours ago, Deerjohn said:

No success. Noise still there...

Sorry to hear that, it was worth a try.

My last car was a BMW that had an issue with the door seals creaking. I spent a lot of time and effort trying to cure it, without success, so I feel your frustration.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:51, Bud said:

Have you isolated the shoe as the cause, try different boots possibly.

Definitely try this. I have one pair of casual shoes that cause a squeak every time. Wearing my work shoes, the pedal is silent. Tested back-to-back today.

6 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

@Bud@BriskodaJeff

are you joking or haven't opened link to the Youtube?
or maybe Škoda pays to you for every positive post

Steady on @MartiniB. If you check my posting history you will see I've been pretty honest about the (very small number of) things I don't like about my car. But I have exactly the issue described in the OP, and it is entirely because of the shoes. I replicated it today. If you read my post again you will see I merely suggested he should try it, not that it was definitely the cause of the issue. I have no link with Skoda other than owning one of their cars and I find it offensive that you would suggest otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

I find it offensive

wasn't meant that way, my english is too short

just that suggestion sounded very similar to usual first answers from the dealer when they aren't interested do something to solve

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Definitely try this. I have one pair of casual shoes that cause a squeak every time. Wearing my work shoes, the pedal is silent. Tested back-to-back today.

Are you joke-man?:D Some 3 other service men tested this phenomenon with different shoes... and the noise is the same. I tried to push brake pedal even with my hand and imagine the noise was the same. My hand was not wearing any shoe:biggrin: Waiting now for verdict from Skoda factory to eliminate this next (again and again...) fault of the SkodaS-H-I-T!

Edited by Deerjohn

@DeerjohnSo you have isolated the shoe as a cause then.

Don't get over defensive the interaction between shoe and pedal is a legitimate cause the same as different tyres will react differently with different road surfaces.  

Always worth considering the simple, easily effected changes before you go ripping into a system but hey crack on if you feel it is unworthy of attention.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bud said:

@DeerjohnSo you have isolated the shoe as a cause then.

Don't get over defensive the interaction between shoe and pedal is a legitimate cause the same as different tyres will react differently with different road surfaces.  

Always worth considering the simple, easily effected changes before you go ripping into a system but hey crack on if you feel it is unworthy of attention.

I can suggest one very excellent solution which suits to all defects and problems of a car. Especially this solution suits to all Skoda cars, i.e. turn on car's audio system volume to max or almost max. Be sure in this way you will never hear any rattles, squeaks, creaks, etc. The only problem is that somehow you may become deaf. But that could also be one the ways to whom it is advisable to drive Skoda car. The solution could be to wear headphones or tankman helmet. Believe me, soon Skoda will include these new features in standart equipment called "simple clever drive as tankman" ;)

Edited by Deerjohn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I partly agree here with the OP that skodas are pretty rubbish either in spec or by fact they are poorly assembled and can sometimes use poor quality parts.. But, a close friend's brand new AUDI A5 has become a regular car at the dealer to fix all manner of issues. 

Some cars appear troublesome from the outset whilst others 'perfect' in the eyes of their owners. FYI my car is a troublesome one-its a 'skoda satisfactory'  rather than superb. 

I think the superb even with its many issues is a good company car and best kept at that. One that is just a part of a job and is disposable every few years. 

9 hours ago, Deerjohn said:

I can suggest one very excellent solution which suits to all defects and problems of a car. Especially this solution suits to all Skoda cars, i.e. turn on car's audio system volume to max or almost max. Be sure in this way you will never hear any rattles, squeaks, creaks, etc. The only problem is that somehow you may become deaf. But that could also be one the ways to whom it is advisable to drive Skoda car. The solution could be to wear headphones or tankman helmet. Believe me, soon Skoda will include these new features in standart equipment called "simple clever drive as tankman" ;)

Now that's not a solution is it, that's just masking the problem :) 

... and still - are there any reasonable suggestions by anyone on the matter to eliminate the fault - "squeaky noise when pushing and releasing brake pedal" or just reflections over life being slave of Skoda Superb?!

Edited by Deerjohn

1 hour ago, Whenwillilearn said:

My partners kia clutch pedal squeeks when the pedal is being operated. 

I applied a Teflon based grease to the bushing. It's now quiet. 

Already tried WD40, silicon, Wurth HHS-2000 - no change!

Well skoda have excelled themselves in the creation of an incurable annoyance. 

I guess in your case then as all manner of grease and new shoes have been tried it's time for someone with more training and experience to investigate...dealer visit. 

• 4 weeks later...