Install LED bar

After som nightly rides I have noticed that the high beam on the Superb is absolutely rubish. So the decision is made to install a LED bar.

Is there an option from Skoda to do this and program the car? I want to be able to switch the bar on and off from the menu in the car to be able to use the high beam with Xenon only when I want to do so.

If not, then I guess I'll just go on with the old fashion way and steal power from existing cables.

Please post pictures if you have some.

I've talked to Skoda Stockholm and they really didn't have a clue about what @H3ikki had done with his car :D

They told me that they are piggybacking for signal and also their only lightbar alternative was the Hella something, they also told me that they didn't think it was a good lightbar

It would be nice having the ability to choose from infotainment...

Actually I have thought about the same thing and then I order universal 14 inch led bar from AliExpress with external wiring harness which connects to the battery directly so it will not destroy my Octavia wiring and computer and I will recommend for you the idea however I'm still thinking where to mount it however I tried it for like 30 minutes and it is quite important thing to have for people who needs more light In dark night. 

You'd probably won't want to fiddle through menus every time you need a small sun at your disposal anyway. So a switch somewhere handy and quick (you could drill or glue it somewhere in the dashboard, or hang it somewhere in the ceiling).

Also, why not have the bar on the roof, fixed on the rails? Wouldn't that give better light?

On 01/12/2018 at 09:27, Baverhanne said:

I've talked to Skoda Stockholm and they really didn't have a clue about what @H3ikki had done with his car :D

They told me that they are piggybacking for signal and also their only lightbar alternative was the Hella something, they also told me that they didn't think it was a good lightbar

It would be nice having the ability to choose from infotainment...

That might be true. My local dealer was also curious when I went to pick up the repair wires for the job (that I eventually didn't bought) and when I explained what I need it for.  Brother of my friend is working there as a mechanic and they use only can adapters for the signal since they don't know any better. He was also amazed that it can be done as easy as I did with no external can HW or wire cutting...