Diesel fumes in engine bay 1.6 tdi

Templar23

Hello guys 

I've had my skoda fabia monte carlo 1.6 tdi just over 3 months it's been trouble free up until a couple of weeks back. I had a injector return line pop off a couple of times covering the engine in diesel I had the pipes and clips swapped cleaned up all the diesel problem solved. Until one day last week I was sat in traffic and I started to smell diesel again it's strongest next to the air box it smells like hot diesel I can't see anything wet at all and it's got me puzzled. All the diesel was cleaned off after the first leak and the car was normal for 300 miles or so any help would be grateful 

Ant 

The sound proofing cover, then haul this off to take a proper look, preferably when the engine is hot. I was going to say return lines (they get brittle with heat), so assuming the garage changed the lot, or may have just changed the Ines that were damaged? The pollen filter is a good call too.

Cant see it being the air filter. But hey, check it all the same.

Edited by spartacus68

I checked the pollen filter it's dry but does have a hint of diesel smell about it all the return lines are dry and drip free I'm going to get the car up on the ramp tomorrow afternoon to have a good look from the underside 

I've had the car up in the air today no sign of any leaks had the airbox out too the filter is clean and dry my guess at this moment is it's random patches of diesel that are slowly burning off other than that I havnt a clue 

• Thanks 1