Power Steering Failed on VRS with replaced engine

Chibakun

I'm being quoted 1200 to fix power steering on my car (2013 fabia VRS)

The technician sent me a video within which he says the power steering power connector socket is broken. As a result water has in-gressed. They recommend replacing the pump at 1200.

Now I had the engine replaced under warranty 2 years ago.

Why would the clip be broken? Only the person who built the car (Skoda)/ serviced it/replaced the engine  (Progress Skoda) could have done this.

Person I spoke to at Progress said it's wear and tear?!

Get that person to put it in writing and their qualifications or the qualifications of the person that inspected it and said it was wear and tear and not due to some hashy technician during the engine being replaced.

Likely you will get no place without a Independent Expert Engineers report and even then maybe get a bit of a discount of the over inflated price you are being quoted.

ie 25% overpriced on partsand labour and VAT on that and then a 20% gesture offer eventually.