Which Model Superb

enochb

Hi Guys,

I'm feeling the call of the mark 3 Superb 4x4 280bhp as a sensible option, although I'm not sure which version to get that engine in.  I really do like the seats in the Sportline and Sportline Plus, but are these sports seats available as an option on any other version?

I found the L&K seats quite wallowy and I slid about a bit in them, but I do love the gadgets.

A friend of mine has an octavia VRS and mentioned that Skoda doesn't do the exhaust pops that VW and Audi do, is this also the case with the Sportline plus 280 4x4?

I'm coming from a BMW 530d and tying to resist the new 540ixdrive (which is just way overpriced), so I want a fair about of go.  My mileage has significantly dropped and will be less than 8000 per year now.

A strange set of requirements, but any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

All versions of the 280ps (or 272ps now if you are ordering new) will put a smile on your face enochb  but if you want Sportline seats then that's the model you'll need to buy.   Its all about personal taste mind you ... I prefer the Sportline trim as the gloss black grill / rails / window frames etc really suit the car , especially on Moon White strangely enough ;) .    Haven't noticed exhaust pops on my 280 , only a nice growly bark under heavy acceleration.   Performance wise the 280/272 will be as good as the 530 and not very far behind the 540i (significantly behind it on price mind you !!) . 

Thanks for the response, and fully understand the point about personal taste. I can live with a growl on the exhaust note

I'm going to try one later in the week.  There's also a solid grey colour that I find strangely appealing.

Just have to make sure I can get all the buttons I need.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like mentioned above, sportline seats are sadly only on that. I have a 66plate sportline in moon white and the contrast with black trim is very nice indeed. 

How did you get on with the test drive?

I also tried an SE-L but didn't like the leather seats as they are cold (no rear seat heating) and even with heated seats front, it's not nice. Slippy and I expect on hot days probably a bit sticky too.  For performance/price/space ratio, there is nothing that beats a 280. You'll compromise a bit on refinement versus the BMW though.