Fabia Monte Carlo Estate to buy or not to buy?

an02rew

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum, first post.

About to become a Skoda member in March with arrival of a Karoq but i'm looking to upgrade my runaround in the coming months too.

I've been looking at the Fabia monte carlo, and I was just going to go for the hatch but from looking around, the estate doesn't seem that much more expensive, if you can find one.

I'm looking at 13/14 plate models, my daily commute is 30-40 miles so was considering the 1.6 Tdi engine.

Anything to look out for? I've not been to look at any yet as they all seem quite a distance away from me.

Thanks folks!

No not really when diesel is 10 pence a litre more expensive and the TDI is losing MPG when the car is doing regens.

Best look at the VED for the TDI vs the TSI.   Servicing costs are the same, and 'The Emissions Fix' comes into things. 

If you can find a car that has not had the 'New engine management and the Flow device fitted' or one that someone had The Roll Back done on then worth getting maybe.

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/ea189

Edited by Skoffski

I love mine it’s a brilliant little car, this summer we loaded up my family, puppy and roof box and drove from the east of England to the south west of Ireland. It’s never missed a beat in the few years I’ve owned it and it’s both small and practical. Mines a 1.6 Tdi and I’ve stayed opted out of the emissions fix. I wish I’d looked around for a black edition though since they have a slightly higher spec.

Thanks for the advice.

I've managed to find a nice low mileage 1.6 TDi example that hasn't had the emissions fix. It's a private sale, are the gearboxes in these pretty good? I was just looking for a manual, but this one has an automatic.

I would be travelling quite a distance, anything else to look out for on these?

@an02rew, ?

I take it that it is not a Mk2 Monte Carlo 1.6TDI CR with DSG. 

There were none of these built for the UK.

So what Spec is the car.   There can be issues with the DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG.    There was a Service Campaign started in 2014 for cars from 2009-2012/13.

'34 F7'.   The Synthetic Oil changed to mineral and a software update.

You want to know if done or not done.  Also any Service History or Warranty Work in the first 3 years or since.

Thanks for all the replies, 

After reading the thread above, think I'll be considering the 1.2 TSI petrol.

When did these engines change? Best to go for a 12/13 plate? 

Sorry for being lazy, I'm sure there are probably a million threads on this already. 

• Like 1

Do they have the same engine or was it changed for the Mk3?

Probably looking to spend about 5-6k for the right one so hopefully get a nice enough example for that price I would hope with reasonable mileage.

Replacing the 55 reg 1.4 TDI VW Polo runaround which we've had for 8/9 years. Never let us down but just thinking its time for a change, would go for miles yet I'm sure.

They do not have the same engines.

& Mk2 Fabia are Euro 5 emissions and The All New 3rd Generation Fabia is Euro 6.

Best check out the VED and anything else.  Good Mk2 Fabia around before they were discontinued. 

They should be, there was long enough to be sorted out.

You are only buying 1 car are you not,

if not many about for sale then maybe that is because people keep them because they are good cars to have as a keeper. 

If you need to travel to find one then that is what you need to do.

http://autotrader.co.uk

EDIT,

I see just on Autotrader 6 X 1.2 TSI Fabia Estate with DSG & asking prices under £6,000.

2012, 2013's (a cat S) & a 2014 with an Insurance Cat N.

A Wanted ad on BRISKODA Forum might be an idea.

Edited by Skoffski