SOLD - Bluetooth module 3C8 035 730D

adamal

NOW SOLD

Bluetooth module 3C8 035 730D for sale at £100 plus postage, as I strip my car down to its original state this coming weekend.

This is a premium Bluetooth module which integrates perfectly with the newer white maxidot and the original Columbus or Bolero units.  It allows both RSAP and handsfree connection and so supports connection to all phones.  Connecting via RSAP means you can set up a WiFi hotspot in the car, and receive text messages to the head unit or maxidot.  Handsfree is the simpler connection which works with handsets like iPhones that don't support RSAP.  The module also allows the connection of a separate media player to the phone, so you can have one person's phone connected for calls and another's for music.

You will need your own loom, mic and GSM antenna if this is a new BT installation, but the module will simply fit to the same connections if replacing an older module.  These looms can be found here for example: https://www.carsystems.eu/gsm-antenna-for-premium-bluetooth-5n0-and-3c8,id113.html.  Fitting is easy and if replacing an older module, is basically plug and play, and there are plenty of guides on here if starting from scratch.  The unit will need some coding, but I can help with that before sending it if you like as I have VCDS (or if you are local I can do it once fitted).  Note if updating an older module that doesn't support RSAP, you will need just the GSM antenna (if so you won't have a purple FAKRA plug on your old module).  These are available for £10-£15 on eBay, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120977270583.

Note this is not wholly suitable for the pre-FL Mk2 Octavia or other cars which have the older DDP type maxidot.  In these cases pairing can only be managed by popping the module in a newer car, and phone menus do not show in the maxidot.  However, there is a box which connects to the CAN gateway that converts the DDP signal to BAP and solves this issue (https://www.autopolar.net/product/polar-bt-bluetooth/), allowing access to phone menus on the maxidot, including pairing.  I have had one of these fitted this in my own pre-FL Octavia which has worked perfectly for four years, and can sell this for an extra £50 (including all the cabling to connect it to the gateway) if you want to fit one of these premium modules to your earlier car.  If you take up this option I don't think it should need any additional coding (it didn't for me), but I would recommend a VCDS scan to check for coding faults. If you are local, I'll happily do that for you.

I'm stripping out all the equipment this coming weekend, so let me know if interested.  Any questions please ask.

Thanks

Adam

Edited by adamal
Sold

Yes I would but preferably after the module goes (as I want to keep the options open for older cars). 

Note its not a full polar FIS. It is specifically for BT and doesnt give you all the extra data in the maxidot.

Adam