engine light on after plugs changed.

just changed the plugs on a Fabia vrs mk2 and now the engine light is on.

gone through all the plugs again to check and noticed  one of the coil packs is corroded on the inside if i change the pack will the engine light go off or does it need to go into a garage .

could i disconnect the battery would that work.

thanks mike.

The Engine Light 'Exhaust Emissions Light' might go out, is it that on and not the EPC. 

You might need the Fault Code Cleared though. 

The Engine / Emissions light can come on if the car has been sitting ticking over for a while then go out, 

just as long as not going into limp mode because enough Misfires Logged, it it is the coil for instance.

There are about a dozen threads just like yours after plug changes.

What plugs have you fitted and what are the gaps set at, & did you check each and not just fit as arrived because pre-set?

So likely there is a breather pipe off, or the 'O' Ring on the Turbo Pipe not sealed.    Are you sure the Turbo Pipe is back together properly?

That is the usual other than an Ignition Coil wrecked.

See the picture with red circled area and see these pipes are on.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/446996-coil-pack-removal-mk2-vrs

Edited by Skoffski

Hi Skoffski.

brought denso plugs as recommended on here . taken everything off again and re checked .only thing i could find is the first coil pack on the right was badly corroded .

just fitted a new one .

plugs i checked each one as i fitted them 0.7 with gauges .

light still on i have disconnected the battery to see if it fixes it but if not i may need to go and get it reset at the garage.

thanks mike.

all.

had a problem with the engine light coming on after changing the plugs .

Skoffski pointed me in the right direction regarding a pipe being pulled off  but it was not the ones circled on the above link (Skoffski Post) but a pipe above that, that disappears under the intake pipe .

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TOO PULL ANY PIPES OFF BY MISTAKE LIKE ME AND WASTE TIME AND MONEY GETTING THE ENGINE LIGHT TAKEN OFF.