Goodbye Superb

After 3+ years it was time to move on. What I can say to others based on my experience - don't buy an early production car!!! (mine was produced in May 2015) I had to visit the dealership every third month in the beginning due to technical issues like door rubber seals (all 4, glue failed), chrome trim of the front doors, front and rear wishbone bushing, water pump, front left light levelling system failure, infotainment unit screen issues, Canton issues (failed subwoofer, rear left and front left door subwoofer), Adblue level sensor issues.... Thankfully Skoda resolved all this under warranty and I had no issues with the dealership what so ever, friendly and helpful throughout the ownership. After fixing the problems under warranty it has been a joy to drive. 

Anyway decided to try something else for change, now rolling in an XC60 (which feels like a Mini after the Superb). 

Thanks for all the advice and help you gave me!

Edited by Gizmo
Please join Freedom if you wish to sell on Briskoda
  • Like 3

Interesting switch. Thought I’m a good 2 years away from sitching mine, I’m already thinking it’s unlikely to be another Skoda. I like the Superb a lot, but can’t get away from its status as the poorman’s VW.

Volvo is on my list of alternatives (partly to get awayf rom the VW Group Dark Side), so do explain your thinking in switching to the XC60.

I Was actually considering Kodiaq but it seemed to be a downgrade from Superb + there are no good deals for it and what they are asking at the dealership is waaaay to much for the car it is. The Volvo switch was partly a coincidence - found a good deal and since I had requirements that it met I took it (requirements based on the current weather :) ) - 4x4, aux. heater, heated windshield, heated steering wheel and the comfiest seats in the world + all the other bells and whistles.

Edited by Puuriit
  • Like 2

On 06/02/2019 at 18:04, Bob-thebuilder said:

Same here. Since i got mu superb there has only been error after error.

Will switch to Volvo V90.

Good luck with that - they frequently need engine rebuilds as my father discovered.

It seems to me that most of those reporting they have been supplied a 'lemon'  on Briskoda are from mainland Europe?

I have no idea what that indicates if that impression is true?

• Like 1