Fabia Mk2 VRS Sidelight wired up?

Haven't been on here in a LONG LONG LONG time! Had my Fabia VRS MK2 for 4 years now still running great. Just wondering did anyone ever get round to wiring the dummy sidelights in? Was it easy? I cant see it being that difficult to link them into the side light switch? or even to just have them on with the DRL?

An Auto Electrician wired them for me on a vRS years back so i could put Fog Lights where the DRL/ Side lights are.

He found it easy.

Why do you want to do it or is it for the same reason as i did.

I never ran with just sidelights on i just wanted them so the car was legal. and if you have dipped beam on nobody sees the sidelight on in the head light anyway.

Another member bought a vRS that came with the Sidelight Blue dummy bulb removed & an active sidelight, / Parking likght when indicator stalk down,

and i think maybe his car had Sport Lights where the DRL/Sidelights had been.

As to DRL's on, personally i think they are ridiculous. Why not just put on the Dipped Beam and the Sidelights and have lights front and rear.

Not stupid bright to the front lights people often think are a boy / girl racer with Fog Lights on when there is no fog...

Edited by Skoffski