LED LOAD RESISTORS - NO LEDS?

Hi guys. I bought a crash damaged fabia from copart to repair and sell on. Car had projector headlights with HID kit which I sold and got standard headlights in the deal. The car has LED load resistors fitted to obviously stop the bulbs flashing and or the car from thinking it has bulbs blown - LED and HID kits are not really my thing and it does not interest me in the slightest so I have never messed or learned about them! I have fitted standard headlights and bulbs now. Will it be a problem if I leave the load resistors on now it has standard lights and bulbs? Car also had LED rear indicators for some reason which will be removed for standard ones. There is also load resistors in the rear (why go to so much effort for LED indicator bulbs in the rear!!). I am going to remove the load resistors obviously as it doesn't have LED bulbs it's silly to keep them - but I won't get chance as of yet and I have people wanting to test drive the car. Basically I want to know if it's an issue using the car til I get chance to sort that out (I don't want to set us on fire?!) 

Edited by BillyM247

Why not just wait until you remove the load resistors and then put the factory lights in? 

At a guess the lights will probably be dim and depending on the power rating of the resistor the extra current draw from standard filament bulbs may cause them to overheat and damage wiring and who knows what else

I'll be honest I forgot to remove them when I fitted the standard headlights as the guy I swapped with swapped them at my house so I put his standards straight in and forgot. I haven't driven the car since I have just started the car and tested the lights work that's it. I will remove the load resistors before I use the lights or car again in that case! 

Exactly mate. Feel daft i forgot to remove them to be honest while the lights was out but I'll sort it this weekend then. Why do people go to so much hassle for bulbs? They was **** in the dark anyway would of been better with a candle the standards are better!