Android Auto + Galaxy Note 9

I have official Smart link installed on my 16 plate Octavia Estate and used to run Google Maps and Waze no problem with a Sammy J5. Have recently upgraded to a Note 9 and still seems to work OK but when using Waze and /or Google Maps the "buttons" no longer work or rather are out of alignment. If I use the main screen (phone icon) or Spotify everything is OK but once I go to maps nothing works properly via touchscreen. The touchscreen still works but for instance I cannot press the microphone button top right and get a response, and other buttons have to be pressed above where it is on the display.

I have tried changing screen settings but no avail, guessing its something to do with (phone) screen size but would really appreciate any input people have to offer as a better phone gives worse results as its not safe to drive when the touchscreen doesn't react properly.

Regards,

bb 

LOL - upgraded Android version overnight and now all working perfectly - Mods please delete/ lock / or leave open for information.

Cannot believe I am the only one affected by this issue, but now I am running Android 9 no alignment issues what-so-ever.

Regards,

bb

• Like 1

My Galaxy S9 worked well with AA up until the phone updated to Android 9 the other day, now the maps( Google Maps and Waze) stay in daylight mode regardless of my lights or outside lighting.. really annoying. Had to force maps to display night mode all the time for now until I can find out why.:sadsmile:

Had that issue where the touchscreen was out of alignment with the display but it was happening when listening to the radio. I had to tap above the station logo before it would register a click on the logo. Wouldn't register a press on any of icons on the bottom or top of the screen.

Solution was to do a re-boot of the infotainment system and it fixed itself.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the reason but on my note 9 when the screen res was set to high 2960x1440 i had the same issue, when i set it to 2220x1080 FHD it cleared the problem with the misalignment

• Like 1